The New album is called Watershed : Out June 2nd

Well, look here. "Watershed" comes out right year after Dream Theater's "Systematic Chaos" (4 june it was). As I can remember "Systematic Chaos" leaked in internet on 10 may or something. As we know both bands are on the same label and this means that both albums are under the same piracy protection and stuff. So I think that "Watershed" will leak in the web in early may. That's the stuff.

By the way "Constant Motion" itself leaked few weaks earlier than the whole album. And there was also "The Dark Eternal Night" few days earlier than album. So it can be the same with some of the "Watershed's" songs. But "Constant Motion" was a single... and we don't know if Opeth would release a singel off "Watershed".

Do you know Final Fantasy? Best RPG ever ...
Some quiet parts on watershed reminds me of the sound in FF...
some kind of asian sound .. hard to describe^^ but i know that it sounds like fucking final fantasy :D

Do you know Final Fantasy? Best RPG ever ...
Some quiet parts on watershed reminds me of the sound in FF...
some kind of asian sound .. hard to describe^^ but i know that it sounds like fucking final fantasy :D

Lol really... I'm actually quite a fan of FF. At least from 8 down. So I guess you've heard it to. :erk:

Not only could you of been listening to it for yourself but you also could of shared :saint:

and that too. :saint:

it makes me think this album will be the later era's My Arms Your Hearse, at least that album was too dark and "shifting" for me to fully appreciate it in the beginning (and now I claim it a masterpiece)

MAYH is my favourite. There aren't that many 'epilogue' moments in Watershed, as I would've liked. I think the shifting is a lot more accentuated.

noura if you had to give a presentage how much clean singing - screaming is there? is it 50 50 like still life/blackwater park. 60 clean/40 scream like on GR?

Maybe around 65-70% clean. And there's a bit of change in his voice. But there was an even a black metal scream in there somewhere.

By the way "Constant Motion" itself leaked few weaks earlier than the whole album. And there was also "The Dark Eternal Night" few days earlier than album. So it can be the same with some of the "Watershed's" songs. But "Constant Motion" was a single... and we don't know if Opeth would release a singel off "Watershed".

I know RR are being protective on this one. Like Systematic Chaos, they're only giving out two tracks where as previously with other bands, we've had the whole album sent out. I'm wondering if they will release a single and put their cover of Would? on it cz it was said that it wont be on the SE.

That was me I talked very shortly with Fredrik and he mentioned that they had just recorded a video, but he didn't say what song they had picked.

I asked about that, I think he said Porcelain Heart.

Well, look here. "Watershed" comes out right year after Dream Theater's "Systematic Chaos" (4 june it was). As I can remember "Systematic Chaos" leaked in internet on 10 may or something. As we know both bands are on the same label and this means that both albums are under the same piracy protection and stuff. So I think that "Watershed" will leak in the web in early may. That's the stuff

Oh no...May it's too long!

What's the signification of that? Promo cd have been distributed since feb. If people don't want to share watermarked versions...What is the origin of leaked cd on may 10 for systematic chaos? The cd burner industries? (Sorry for my bad english vocabulary, i'm french :Smug:)

well... why people don't waste time in ripping and putting the album into the web?
maybe because who received it considers it so precious that doesn't want to share it with others.
i don't know how to remove watermarks btw, and i can't simply trust people who i just know by writing here or elsewhere.

with the internet stuff also... there's actually no surprise anymore, because when you think you know something, some other will know that for sure too!

anyway, the video is from the porcelain heart song, should be out at middle april, standing to what the italian RR website says...

anyway, the video is from the porcelain heart song, should be out at middle april, standing to what the italian RR website says...

Probably the video wont cover the whole 8 minutes of the song but if it really is released this month it'll be a nice preview. Nice to hear the "co-written" track as the first studio clip !:)

Nice to hear the "co-written" track as the first studio clip !

Yeah that's nice, but it's not a realy "co-written" track because Frederik have only write the first doom riff that introduces the song.

Do we actually know that's all he wrote? I know from the radio interview that Mikael latched onto one of the riffs Fredrik wanted to throw away, but do we know that's the whole thing? I gotta imagine that over the years the other band members have come up with at least one or two riffs without being credited as co-writers for a song. Seems to me like that would warrant a bit more involvement. And judging by the diary for Watershed Mikael loosened up a bit of his control, yet this is the only track that's credited to anyone else as well.

Either way, I'm looking forward to hearing it. Krux has some killer doom-riffs, and I've been waiting to hear more of a doom vibe from Opeth. There are certain segments that scream doom (end of A Fair Judgement), and kick ass, hopefully this will be more of that.

[~Hundershade~];7137086 said:
Thanks for your review noura.

Can't fucking wait...Is there not any leak on the web????? The watermarked promos seems to be very effective...

How about we use our heads and not discuss leaks and such on a bands official forum? Seriously. :mad:

65-70% clean!!? are you serious?:mad:

Actually that can be nice, it doesn't necessarily mean that the record is less "dark" than any other... hell, now between the folk passages and clean singing, I can't help but wait for tracks that would sound like "To Bid You Farewell" and "Credence", even If I know that's not likely to be the case.
However, if the 5.1 surround mix is confirmed for the Special Edition, there's no way I'm getting a leaked version of the album, I definitely want a first hearing of it in 5.1.

maybe the Would? cover will be on the Japanese edition ... since it said on a website (link given in this thread i think by someone) that it would have an exclusive track on it!

Actually that can be nice, it doesn't necessarily mean that the record is less "dark" than any other... hell, now between the folk passages and clean singing, I can't help but wait for tracks that would sound like "To Bid You Farewell" and "Credence", even If I know that's not likely to be the case.
However, if the 5.1 surround mix is confirmed for the Special Edition, there's no way I'm getting a leaked version of the album, I definitely want a first hearing of it in 5.1.

Yeah, I agree with this being less dark. On Roadrunners site they call it the "epic haunting masterpiece." Still sounds pretty dark to me