The New album is called Watershed : Out June 2nd

I don't have any 5.1 SS, and without sounding too non-technologically inclined, would a 5.1 copy still sound good in a regular syste??

:erk::oops::erk:

@ W&W - I can't decide yet. At first it was previous albums>Watershed but that was while I was listening. I NEED to hear it again before I make that decision but it's definitley a new yet very Opeth direction.

Thonolan, yeh:D I think he said it would be.

One thing that takes the piss though: Would? will not be on the special edition. I don;t know if Mike was yanking my chain cz it was one of the first questions I asked him but he said they're gunna hold onto that one for a while and Derelict Herds will be on it instead.

According to Amazon UK, Would will be on the SE...

According to Mike, it wont. I dunno if this was recently decided (after it went up on Amazon) or he was pulling my leg , he said something about a lot of people wanting to hear that cover. I hope it's not the case cz i'm one of them!

On a regular, it'll be an 'easier' listen, flatter. It definitely wont sound as if you're in Sweeney Todd's barber chair with things sneaking up behind you, none of that echoing.

I hope it'll be on there. I can't imagine why it wouldn't. If Mike knows everyone wants to hear it, why wouldn't he put it on there? Wouldn't make sense.

Cos he's twisted like that.

You're welcome people. Man..I should've put a disclaimer up: "beware: album spoiler" or just said something like "this album is complete fucking shit!!!":lol:

Yes, that bit was REALLY cool. I didn't wanna spoil it for you. It goes from evil laugh ha ha to ha (beat) ha (beat). Where did you hear that from?

According to Mike, it wont. I dunno if this was recently decided (after it went up on Amazon) or he was pulling my leg , he said something about a lot of people wanting to hear that cover. I hope it's not the case cz i'm one of them!

On a regular, it'll be an 'easier' listen, flatter. It definitely wont sound as if you're in Sweeney Todd's barber chair with things sneaking up behind you, none of that echoing.

yeah, i can confirm that, mike told me that 'would' will not feature in the SE of the album.
so i guess it's a matter of wait and see the official roadrunner news about the release.

and there's a laugh, yes, that takes into the next song.
or well, it just the very short beginning of a laugh, looped until the following song's drum pattern comes into, soon followed by a heavy guitar riff. o_O
looks like a laugh the 1st time you listen to it, but sounds so weird that you start thinking it's a strange artificial effect. but that's actually what you said :)

^ yeh but you described it better. It's so hard not having the damn thing to listen to again. It's like having withdrawal symptoms. It's as the person on the other site said, whisper ad weep.

i cant fight the bad feeling that k.d. lang released an album called "watershed" just two months ago. Makes me wonder why Opeth didnt come up with another title.

i cant fight the bad feeling that k.d. lang released an album called "watershed" just two months ago. Makes me wonder why Opeth didnt come up with another title.

Unoriginal titles are Mike's specialty! Besides, their music is in no way related. If he felt like the best title for the CD is Watershed, it doesn't make sense to change it just because K.D. Lang decided to name her album Watershed.

I just get the feeling that they don't give a shit about music titles, song titles ect...

Its all about the music and the feeling...as cliche and generic as it sounds, I think its true.

I must say, I am so fucking stoked about this!! to me, the more prog the better. This is going to be so awesome, I can't even put it to words!!!:tickled:

A few more things
-Listening to the album....a bit bizarre and by the end it's quite difficult to get your head around it.
-2 not so 'positive' things: There were a few parts which I thought/remember to be a bit repetitive but I'm wondering if that was purposeful and if it fits in with the nightmare/deja vu-ish atmosphere or theme according to my first impression. axe's playing is sound but not mind-blowing.
-On a good note though, Fred's solo on Heir Apparent sounds better on cd as welll. I recall not being impressed with it in the Melloboat vid.

(You can tell i'm still excited lol):Smokin:

Guys, it annoys me to think that I actually could've recorded the damn thing. No one fucking checked! I could've been listening to it right now.

What do you mean with "a bit bizarre"?
another question : Those repetitive parts are like the end of "Harlequin Forest" or like The end of "the grand conjuration"?