Opeth Stuff

I'm open to it. I hope it's better than GR and Deliverance. I have some hopes for it seeing as though they're moving away from the metal. I'm rooting for Axenrot, he's a total underdog that no one seems to think can hack it. I really hope he pulls it off! I won't judge him from what I have seen live of him, solely because he was put into replace Martin on short notice. He's had much more time to develop since then.

Who knows what it will sound like. Judging by the description, it's the same old stuff they always say about Opeth. I hope it is something that is quite unlike anything else they've done. I'd love for them to go in a more jazzy direction, folk, or classic rock sound that the article described it as and leave the metal behind. Haha I just kind of want to see them rile up their fanbase.

As I said elsewhere:

Alright. I've listened to that 24 seconds several several times already and I'm actually excited about the new Opeth album. Haha this hasn't happened in years.

That 24 seconds is better than all of Deliverance and Ghost Reveries combined. Yeah I'm exaggerating a bit, but Deliverance didn't interest me at all and when The Grand Conjuration leaked early, I didn't want to hear the rest of Ghost Reveries.