Opeth

I've barely been able to turn Deliverance off since I got it on the 4th... even though I don't like it as much as Morningrise or Orchid, I still love it. :headbang:

A couple of days ago I went into a store in order to buy "Deliverance". They didn't have it. I was like...
souris.gif

I have been playing it some times now since I bought it a week ago, I gotta say I'm not entirely convinced. There's simply not that many really interesting parts on the album.

The production is quite good, a lot more "produced" than BWP for sure, but I like it. I think it's a but of a return to the MAYH sound, which happens to be my least favourite Opeth album by a mile... so for me that's not something to be happy about.

So, it's OK, but definitely no masterpiece. Go buy the Daylight Dies album instead.

So, it's OK, but definitely no masterpiece. Go buy the Daylight Dies album instead.

:eek: :eek: :guh:

But yeah, "No Reply" is a great album indeed.

To be honest, I'm even more anxious to hear the second part of "Deliverance". After getting the re-release of BWP with the two bonus tracks, I'm really excited about the idea of a more mellow Opeth album. Also, I'd love to see Katatonia do an acoustic EP or something like that.

Originally posted by opethpainter
it's so nice to see an opeth thread on the katatonia forum... and i am called a spammer!

well, yeah, the new album is nothing less than a masterpiece. don't want to be repetitive... buy it!!!!!

ormir, let me have my revenge now: you're right, opeth don't make songs... they make pieces of art, and calling those "songs" doesn't give justice to what is commonly called that way.

if you say that there's no progression over 6 albums they made, well, it means you never listened to them.

You are So right !!
Album of the year, easily !! (but it's not really fair to compare Opeth to other bands... ;) )

I bought Deliverance today. It sounds good, but I need more time to judge...
don't know if it is better than Black Water Park, I can't speak of a real evolution, after all it's always Opeth.
I can say for sure that it sounds a lot darker and heavier (is it the new trend?). Now I understand the comparison with Bloodbath or Morbid Angel...
The cover and the booklet give an overall impression of darkness, decay, of something stale and old...
The drums are really outstanding throughout the whole album!
well, these were my first impressions!

*latinlover mode on*

bleedingfilth: if you're the one in your avatar, i like YOU.

*latinlover mode off*

*opethian mode on*

i'm listening right now to the central part of "a fair judgement"... can't understand how people can say it's predictable, like the whole album... fuck, no, it's one of the greatest melodies ever heard, i cannot be wrong...

*opethian mode off*

*sleepy mode on*

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

*sleepy mode off*

to rustymetal: yes, when you listen to opeth you've got to be in the right mood, it's not entertaining music. well, it was just funny to associate a kind of speech to a state of mind. it's like when you switch to something else...

*philosophical mode on*

but... are machines similar to us, or are we becoming similar to them day by day?

*philosophical mode off*

*latinlover mode on again*

bleedingfilth, you like my avatar and i like you... it's a good beginning, don't you think?

*latinlover mode off*