What Albums Are You Looking Forward To?

MountainDweller

Under The Dark Moon
May 1, 2001
Back in the Hellhole called Texas.
I realised yesterday (day before yesterday, now) that pretty much all bands at the top of my list of favourites are releasing albums this year (unfortunately for my debt). Got Nine Inch Nails in May. Cold and Foo Fighters in June. Opeth and Katatonia probably in the Autumn. All I need are Tool to release something and that's like almost all of the bands at the top of my list. Seems like everyone is releasing an album this year! Gonna have a lot of gigs to go to (i hope)! So, which albums are you looking forward to in the rest of this year? Of course there's Katatonia and for some of you who come here, Opeth, but who else? Just curious.

New Katatonia for sure...

also,I'm looking forward for a new Anathema record ,the new one by sir Alice Cooper in JUne, Bruce Dickinson in may...

...I hope that Tool will release something this year but i doubt

To mention a few...

The new Porcupine Tree, Candlemass, and Nine Inch Nails. (Neither NIN nor Candlemass have released a proper LP since 1999...)

As for Tool...we can only hope. I've heard a couple rumors -- one is September, the other is 2006.

Although there isn't a release date for either, I'm very much looking forward to the new albums from Opeth and Katatonia.

Lastly, Demilich are set to release an album with old demos and some new recordings. Definitely looking forward to that.

I was really looking forward to the new Porcupine Tree and man, did they deliver.. This is by far the greatest album I've heard in a loooong time, utter genius. I urge all of you to check it out. But note, this album is very much a grower, but once it starts (growing), it keeps on growing and you keep on discovering new things, other songs will become your favourite etc.. Totally brilliant album.

I'm looking forward to the new PT too, still haven't bought it, but this week-end I'm going to see them live!!!!

of course I look forward to katatonia, then Opeth and Arcturus.
I'm sure I'm forgetting to mention other bands as well...

The releases I'm looking forward too.

Novembers Doom: The Pale Hunt Departure ¨
Green Carnation: The Quite Offspring.
Opeth next release :D
Katatonias next.
Swallow The Suns.
Woods Of Ypres.
Evergrey DVD.
My Dying Bride DVD.
Before The Dawn DVD.
Agalloch next release.

new katatonia and new daylight dies, lies that blind on their website sounds awesome!
kinda lookin forward to a new anathema release but im not a huge fan of some of their newer stuff.
there is loads more but these are the main ones

I'm really looking forward for new material from our dark-and-fragile-strings-masters Katatonia (of course!), new Opeth would be ace too, also really hooked on Ulver Blood Inside's samples so far.. oh, an yes, Porcupine Tree!! Saw them live a couple of days ago (with Anathema) and was simply amazed, what a blast o_O
Deadwing - what a beautiful feeling charade :worship:

new Katatonia
new Opeth
new Madder Mortem ('Desidera'?)
new Nevermore
new Solitude Aeturnus
new Dornenreich ('Hexenwind')

considering PT: i just can't stand S. Wilson's vocals. he ruins the music for me. it's the same case as with Radiohead. the music might be good, but the vocals suck. they should stay instrumental or get new vocalists. of course that's just my humble opinion, so keep cool...

i think his vocals are great and very suiting to their music. i bough the new PT album yesterday. its great. more than what I expected. definately a step further than In absentia.

The vocals are one of PT's main qualities I think, the often multi-layered vocal harmonies are what make the musical so beautiful at times. For those who own Deadwing, those harmonic vocals during the last minute of "Mellotron Scratch" are breathtaking..

Totally agree with you. Steve Wilson's vocals are very specific and unique in a way, so is the emotional range of his voice live as well, well he's pretty (psycho)charismatic person no doubt..