What 2007 Releases are you looking forward to?

Jasonic

Doom On!
Apr 14, 2004
West Burbs of Chicago
Well, it is a new year. We have all been speculating on possible Powerfest participants, partly based on who has a new release coming out.

That being said, what are some releases you are looking forward to?

Here are some of mine:
Novembers Doom
Trouble
Manowar
Judas Priest
Machine Men
Metalium
Iced Earth (will this be 2007 or 2008?)
Candlemass (Tho no Messiah... :( )

That Machine Men disc is really good ... probably their best to date.

Iced Earth, and Symphony X are at the top of my list, and King Diamond might get something new released this year, but that might be iffy since there is a lot of work to do, and they just seem to be working on it piece by piece.

Britt

I don't listen to music too much anymore, and therefore my list is very short... the only ones I can think of right off are Memory Garden and Enertia. I'll also probably check out the aforementioned Iced Earth and Candlemass.

Iced Earth, and Symphony X are at the top of my list, and King Diamond might get something new released this year, but that might be iffy since there is a lot of work to do, and they just seem to be working on it piece by piece.

I was going to list KD as well, but wasn't sure if that will see the light of day this year.

Though I love classic Mercyful Fate, I am glad he is favoring his solo career these days. "9" was a good release, but "The Puppet Master" was brilliant!

I am really excited to hear the new THerion.

also

-Dark Moor
-Ensiferum
-Wintersun
-Cruachan
-Freedom Call
-Tarot

I still want to check out Wintersun one of these days.
I have heard good things about Therion.
I really need to give that band more of a chance.
I could not get into the one album I had by them, "Secret of the Runes". Tho many say that isn't the best starting point.

What would you recommend to be a good starting point for Therion?

The new Therion I have had for about a month or so and it is totally fucking awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seems like 2007 is going to be a pretty cool year for metal. There are quite a few releases that I am REALLY looking forward to!

Here's my list:

Novembers Doom - The Novella Reservoir
Machine Head - The Blackening
Testament - (fingers crossed, please let it be this year!)
Megadeth - United Abominations
Biomechanical - Cannibalised
Judas Priest - Nostradamus
Trouble - Simple Mind Condition
Dark Tranquillity
Dew-Scented - Incinerate
Chimaira - Resurrection
Shadows Fall - Threads Of Life
Iced Earth - Something Wicked

I still want to check out Wintersun one of these days.
I have heard good things about Therion.
I really need to give that band more of a chance.
I could not get into the one album I had by them, "Secret of the Runes". Tho many say that isn't the best starting point.

What would you recommend to be a good starting point for Therion?

Vovin or the last one Sirus A and Lumura B or is it the other way around.

I am some what excited for the new Grave Digger but I have so much stuff by them that new stuff doesnt excite me anymore. Kind of like Running Wild and Rage....so many disc...they all blend together. They are a solid band. Just dont go nuts for them.

I know exactly what you mean. I am that way about Primal Fear, Strato, etc.
Though I thought the LAST SUPPER was quite stellar. (One of my fav 2005 releases).

I am some what excited for the new Grave Digger but I have so much stuff by them that new stuff doesnt excite me anymore. Kind of like Running Wild and Rage....so many disc...they all blend together. They are a solid band. Just dont go nuts for them.

:err: :confused:

Hmmm...didn't you say in another post somewhere, in defense of a band who's albums all start sounding the same, that there's nothing wrong when a band sticks with a formula that works?

Interesting...sounds here like you're going against what you said...and there is something wrong with the same ole formula...they stop exciting the fans.

1. Rush
2. Rush
3. Rush
4. Rush
5. Rush

All else is useless drivel. :lol:

~C

Yup..my favorite band of all time too. ;) I'm so gay about it that I even had to rent that Ringers: Lord of the Fans movie just because they interview Geddy. :worship:

They had a real nice mention of Blind Guardian too...the first in a list of post-70s/80s bands who are inspired by Tolkien.

Most of these were already mentioned:

Iced Earth
Nightingale - White Darkness
Symphony X
Megadeth
Dark Tranquillity
Evergrey
Queensryche - Livecrime II DVD
Sentenced - Buried Alive DVD (supposedly out next week)
Novembers Doom