What releases are you looking forward to in 2006?

SavaRon

Sep 21, 2004
Florida
I'm looking forward to:
Slayer:headbang: (Lombardo is back!)
Queensryche (Hoping for the best)
Trouble (Been way to long for these guys!)
Symphony X
Vanden Plas
Jon Oliva's Pain
Trans-Siberian Orchestra
Into Eternity?
Testament? (Original line-up)
Maiden?

Not sure if the last three will be out next year or not?

Maiden is expected out, and I am definately excited about that. I wasn't terribly into Dance of Death, but not because it wasn't pretty good. They are making totally legit records right now (Brave New World I did love), and there's a good chance they'll put out a monster. We'll see.

Saxon has surely been on a roll, and after the awesome Lionheart I'll surely make a point of getting their new one first day out.

I'll have to think on more....

First and foremost:
Katatonia. Arguably the best post-80s band, along with Porcupine Tree and Opeth, in my opinion.

Also, new releases are scheduled from:
Queensryche
Anathema
the Gathering
Lacuna Coil
Sonata Arctica
Maiden, as others have stated
Jeff Martin solo (formerly of the Tea Party)
Slayer!

Soul of Ice said:
Symphony X
Spiral Architect
Age of Silence
Queensryche
Devin Townsend
Zero Hour (Although, I did not care for Fragile Mind)

Check out the Twisted into Form link above your message. You might like it :)

I'm really curious about "Mindcrime II," but I won't buy it until I can either hear it or read a lot of reviews.

Excited about anything Devin Townshend chooses to do, T.S.O., Savatage, new Testament, Slayer with Lombardo, Suffocation, and any chance at all that the reunion Anthrax or Van Halen (with any singer) ever put anything else out.

Except new Blackmore's Night and Sabaton none that I'm aware of, but if I can ask for luxury:

new Judas Priest
new Motorhead
new Saxon
new Hammerfall
new Angel Dust (with classic line up)
new Iron Maiden (without Gers and sounding like "Powerslave")
new Metal Church (with "Blessing In Disguise" line up)
new Megadeth (with "Rust In Peace" line up)
new... :D

NP: Shaaman - 'Rough Stone'

Wyvern said:
new Iron Maiden (without Gers and sounding like "Powerslave")
new Megadeth (with "Rust In Peace" line up)

:tickled: You're the man!

New Rage :worship:
New Riot :headbang: (at last!)

These I anxiously await... I have absolutely no doubts that they'd score 100/100 in my book.

EDIT:
New Evergrey OF COURSE! :worship: :worship: :worship:

Soul of Ice said:
Hawk, I have checked the song out a while ago, but didn't dig it. Maybe cause it is a rough mix?

Could well be. I was wondering because we seems to like the same bands roughly. :)

I am also impatiently awaiting the new Zero Hour and Spiral Architect as well. You do know that some of the Spiral Architect members are playing in Twisted Into Form? :wave:

Hawk said:
Could well be. I was wondering because we seems to like the same bands roughly. :)

I am also impatiently awaiting the new Zero Hour and Spiral Architect as well. You do know that some of the Spiral Architect members are playing in Twisted Into Form? :wave:

Actually it is Steiner (sp?) I believe he left the band.

The new TSO mostly for me. They've been working on the damn thing for three years, and that usually means perfection (especially for Paul O'Neill). If it gets ANYWHERE near Beethoven's Last Night, then I'll be happy.

Jon Oliva's Pain, definitely. The new Savatage? Yeah, I'll eat my hat if Savatage actually releases a new studio album in the next two years.

Evergrey! I have a soft spot in my heart for these guys. When I'm in an Evergrey mood, nobody touches me the way they do.

Queensryche - Mindcrime II. I'm setting myself up for disappointment here. It better be monumental or I'm going to be pissed off. It doesn't have to be "heavy" and it doesn't have to sound like Mindcrime I. But the songwriting and emotion better be on the same level.

Sabaton - Yeah man! More Battle Metal for me!

Blackmore's Night. I adore this band, melodic, happy, musically sound thanks to the godly talents of Ritchie.