what are you looking forward to?

Vito and I were both at the fest on Friday as well, and I don't think either of us were particularly blown away by them from what I recall. Decent band but just not my thing.

im suprised vito didn't like them more, they are probly my favorite power metal band, due to the awsome guitar work and the fact that the vocal range is actualy in something that sounds natural for a man lol
(my bigest problem with power metal has always been that the singer usely sounds like he has been kicked in the balls!)

Nothing announced really excites me but hopefully Deathspell Omega, Dead Congregation, and Esoteric all follow up on their previous monster albums in the next year or two. Oh, and, if done properly, the Akerfeldt solo record will be amazing.

I don't think KIUAS was the only band that didn't blow people away that weekend!!!! (ND certainly excluded)

I_like_that_ZING.gif

He specifically said what what Paul said about an acoustic CD, although, more specifically, it will be heavily Nick Drake influenced. So stylistically it could be pretty similar to those BWP bonus tracks but, god forbid, it might even be upbeat in parts.

Upbeat could be cool, like I said I'm interested in hearing him try out something different. He has loads of different influences and he's a talented guy so I would really like to hear his take on something else besides 6/8 time-sig "Damnation" type tunes. He's done that plenty, and he does it well, but hearing something different from him definitely piques my interest.

Well I just know I love his clean vocals and right now since I can get into tons of metal bands really easily, I value the non-metal albums that I love the most. So really if he does it right and incorporates his influences just right (I absolutely love Nick Drake..) without getting gimmicky, it could be an easy album of the year for me.

I'm going to the Opeth 20th anniversary show in NYC. They will be playing two sets that night. It's in the middle of the week, and in the middle of the semester, but I don't care.

damn it, i wish i had the time and the mony to do that!

I'm going to the Opeth 20th anniversary show in NYC. They will be playing two sets that night. It's in the middle of the week, and in the middle of the semester, but I don't care.

I saw Opeth last year at the HOB in Orlando. I was able to get a pretty good spot on the floor, and only ended up being like, 4 rows from the stage. At first I was skeptical to see how they'd pull things off live, but my God was it awesome! I'd love to see them again. At least you won't have to sit through an opening act. I had to endure Baroness. Sadly, High on Fire weren't allowed on the bill.