So what are you looking forward to reading in the Wayfaring Chronicles?

Jasonic

Doom On!
Apr 14, 2004
West Burbs of Chicago
Are there any topics / songs in particular you are looking forward to reading and learning more about?

When people ask me about Novembers Doom (and by the amount of promo I do for the band, I do get LOTS of questions....), I sum it up like this.....

The Knowing got me interested, but The Pale Haunt Departure made me a die-hard fan.......

My daughter was born in the summer of 2004.
A few months later, I heard TPHD for the first time.
So many emotions I have been feeling inside were finally put to music and lyrics. That is why that album means a lot to me personally.

Therefore, while some of the lyrical content is a little obvious at the surface (IE - autumn reflection), I eagerly await reading more in depth insight to all the lyrics on TPHD in particular.

What about you? (Or after reading this, have you sounded the FANBOY alarm? :lol:)

I'm just looking forward to using TWC as an excuse to revisit and refresh my listening knowledge of all ND discs. When I have the book in my hands, I'm more likely to sit on the couch with my headphones on and listen to an entire CD consecutively. I rarely get to do that anymore. Since I'll have a book in front of me, I can tell my wife and kids "Leave me alone, I'm studying." They'll never know!! Ha!!

Seriously, I know that I always *can* give a focused listen to a CD, but more often than not it's just on in the background or I only get to hear a few songs before I have to go do something else. Having TWC will motivate me to give good, detailed listens to all my ND discs.

And then if I decide I don't like it anymore, I'll sell my copy of Amid Its Hallowed Mirth for lots of money on e-bay! :)

Ken

As English is not my native language, i probably will be needing a dictionary to read TWC thoroughly.
I expect it to be given more information about why ND uses particular words or sentences in their songs.
When i listen to a song i don't focus on the lyrics, i first concentrate on the music, and when i like the music i try to learn the lyrics by repeatedly listening to it. So i will be able to sing-a-long at least the chorus during a concert.

Interesting question Jasonic...neat idea...

Of course, some of my favorite songs are "My Agony, My Ecstasy", "For Every Leaf that Falls", "With Rue & Fire", and "Within My Flesh", so these songs would be what I am looking forward to seeing the meaning as it pertained to Paul, as for they may be different than how I look at them...

But, as has been the standard, the $64,000 question may be "Torn"..we already know how the guys feel about the song, but...