Which ND album have you listened to the most?

Jasonic

Doom On!
Apr 14, 2004
West Burbs of Chicago
Every morning, I grab my coffee, wallet, keys, and a CD from my collection to listen to in the car on the way to work.

This morning I grabbed THE PALE HAUNT DEPARTURE.
After looking at the cracked case and scratched / smudged disc, I said to myself, "Damn! I wonder how many times I have played this disc"

I got to thinking that TPHD has to be the one disc out of the ND Discography that I have listened to the most.

This album has always been special to me for various reasons, and was the album which turned me into the ND fanboy I am today.

My oldest daughter wasn't even 1 when TPHD came out, so songs like "Swallowed By The Moon" and "Autumn Reflection" instantly clicked. I also saw the band live for the first time in the summer of 2005.

So, I am curious. Which is the one ND album that you have listened to the most, and why?

By FAR, TPHD. It's the album that brought ND to my attention, and I consider it to be one of the best albums I've ever heard, and I'm not just talking metal albums, but ANY genre. From the first time I heard "In The Absence of Grace" and "Autumn Reflection" it was true love. :)

TPHD

The Drums in TPHD
But most important "Dark World Burden"
I Stand Alone in the Company of None
I use this sentence a lot at work :)

I'm not sure really. Most likely The Knowing followed closely by The Novella Reservoir and The Pale Haunt Departure.

NR although TPHD still gets alot of play time. I discovered ND through TPHD.
I need to get some of the earlier stuff.I really clicked with this band right from the get go.:kickass:

TWTF is probably the winner for me.

There are more dynamics in it and I love that in an album. It has a lot of things that I really like...

Not to mention it's the album I've owned the longest :)

The Pale Haunt Departure. It's got the best, most complete atmosphere. Everything on that album says "autumn" to me, and I get clear images in my head when listening to that album. In general, albums that generate an encompassing atmosphere are the ones that stick with me the longest.

The Pale Haunt Departure. It's got the best, most complete atmosphere. Everything on that album says "autumn" to me, and I get clear images in my head when listening to that album. In general, albums that generate an encompassing atmosphere are the ones that stick with me the longest.

I agree 100% with everything you have said.
The album cover (image and colors) perfectly complements the music.

Same goes for Novella.

Glad to see that some bands still realize the importance of album cover art.

You should have started with the newest, and worked backwards! :)

To be honest, I have listened to each of the albums one time through to get a feeling for your music. Based on my musical tastes, Amid... had a few tracks I really latched on to. While I thought about starting with the newest release, I thought it would be fun to follow the band's material as it was originally presented. Also, I am always intrigued by a band's evolution over successive albums and it sounds like ND makes all the right decisions and only gets better...

Glad to see that some bands still realize the importance of album cover art.

Damn straight! I have to give some major fucking praise to ND for their fantastic cover art. :kickass: The Novella Reservoir is absolutely stunning!

By the way, was there ever a thread on this forum for favorite cover art? I have made quite a few impulse purchases based on cover art, and I always have had an appreciation for it. I would be interested in looking at what stood out for others throughout their metal journey.

The cover for the next CD is complete already. Just wait until you see that. ;)

Well, you know how these things get leaked, so I may as well let everyone here be some of the first to see it.

It's certainly no Travis Smith, but still groovy!!!

ndcover.jpg