Your live ND Experiences

Jasonic

Doom On!
Apr 14, 2004
West Burbs of Chicago
As Larry stated, ND news will be slow as the band finished writing the new album.

I was thinking we could use this time to reflect on each ND performance you have ever seen.

I will start:

1) Wheaton Grand Theater - Summer 2005

This was my first time seeing ND.
ND headlined an all-day all-ages show at this cool theater.
It was perfect, as this place is like 10 minutes from my house.
It was also perfect, as I had just gotten TPHD a couple weeks prior to this being announced.
At the time, the only 2 discs I had were TPHD and The Knowing.
ND did not disappoint!
I recall the setlist leaning heavily on TPHD and To Welcome The Fade.
Paul's parents were even in the house!
(For those wondering, other bands on the bill that day were Twelfth Gate, Dissinter, Withering Soul, etc)

2) JJ Kelley's - Late Summer 2005

Shortly after this gig, this show was announced.
I was extremely interested in going since I completed my ND collection within a week of the Wheaton Grand gig.
It was very cool to see ND in a more intimate bar setting.
Unfortunately, the show was not too well attended.
I recall a couple tracks from Of Sculptured Ivy being pulled out that night.
(Twelfth Gate and Eden's Fall were also on the bill)

3) LOT 4 - December 2006

ND headlined the Girls of Metal Calendar release show.
It had been over a year since seeing them.
This was a few weeks after they got home from the Euro tour with Agalloch, Thurisaz, and Saturnus.
The highlight of this show was hearing Drown The Inland Mere performed for the first time, which the band had released online a couple months before on Halloween (if I recall correctly). Also, Rain was performed, which most of us heard there for the first time.
Great show as usual. I recall losing my voice during the set.

4) Pearl Room - Chicago Powerfest 2007

This was special for us Chicago fans, as we got a small taste of what the previous Euro tour was like, with having Thurisaz and Saturnus on the bill. Would have been killer to have Agalloch as well!! Maybe (hopefully) sometime soon. By now, I had fully absorbed Novella, so it was great to be familiar with those songs. The extreme highlight for me, as the band knows, was them playing "Silent Tomorrow" I believe after the set, Vito came up to me and said something along the lines of, "We played your damn song!!!" THANKS!!! (Athiest and Martyr were also on the bill that night)

5) Pearl Room - Fall 2008

This is the most recent show ND has played.
Even though I knew it was going to be a short set, as ND were "LOCAL" (inside joke if you were there) support, I wasn't going to miss it! It was a short but solid set of the standout tracks from TPHD and TNR. Paul pulled up his daughter during RAIN, but she shyed away from showing her vocal skillz. Maybe someday! Oh, and I became a fan of SIGH this evening, which was cool. Always exciting to discover a new band. (Well, not that SIGH are new, but exposed to me for the first time).
(Also on the bill were UneXpect)

1. Alehorn of Power II Fest - Double Door, 2007

I got into ND earlier in 2007, and since I had no plans for the night, I drove downtown for the show. I didn't care for any of the other bands, arrived late for ND, and left about 30 minutes after their set. Said hi to Paul and Larry, and Larry was kind enough to sell me a few shirts. Great, 45-ish minute set, featuring mostly Novella and TPHD songs, which was fine for me because those are my two favortie ND albums. They played Silent Tomorrow at this show, but I used that time for a bathroom break since I didn't know the song that well.

I was up front showing some support by the stage, and I remember another local musician shoving everyone around trying to mosh during The Novella Reservoir, which I found both amusing and annoying.

I remember another local musician shoving everyone around trying to mosh during The Novella Reservoir, which I found both amusing and annoying.

Dan from Eden's Fall?

He's the only other guy in Chicago I know who is as geeked as I am about seeing ND enough to do something like that! :lol:

1) New England Metal and Hardcore Festival 2002

2) Milwaukee Metalfest 2002

3) New England Metal and Hardcore Festival 2003

4) February 2004, with The Gathering and Agalloch

5) April 2007, at Rebel, in NYC with Saturnus, Thurisaz, Gwynbleidd, and Grey Skies Fallen, and

6) the next evening at Jaxx in Springfielf, VA, at which Daylight Dies also performed

The last two shows were headlining shows, and they were well worth the trip down from Rhode Island.

1. November 2006 : Headline show : 60' - Biebob - Vosselaar - Belgium together with Thurisaz, Saturnus and Agalloch
2. November 2007 : Headline show : 75' - Biebob - Vosselaar - Belgium DVD Recording - with Thurisaz and Ajattara
3. November 2007 : De Rots - Antwerp - Belgium - Acoustic Show 60' - with Thurisaz
4. June 2008 : Graspop Festival 40' - Belgium with more than 5000 people during the ND-gig
5. July 2008 : 40' Biebob - Vosselaar - Belgium - Together with Draconian - Thurisaz and Nightingale (Headliner)

1. November 2006 : Headline show : 60' - Plato - Helmond - NL together with Thurisaz, Saturnus and Agalloch
2. November 2007 : Headline show : 75' - Biebob - Vosselaar - Belgium DVD Recording - with Thurisaz and Ajattara
3. July 2008 : 40' Biebob - Vosselaar - Belgium - Together with Draconian - Thurisaz and Nightingale (Headliner)
4. July 2008 : 40' Biebob - Vosselaar - Belgium - Together with Draconian - Thurisaz and Nightingale (Headliner)

damnit oeyenyo, you beat me with one show difference :p

1) 15 mins of Metal and Hardcore fest Tom was at (paid to park for once so naturally... came out to find tire punctured)
2) aftermath of NJ M&HF (Walked in about ten mins after they finished. Really great reason to be late but my ex might intend to see the band again at some point so no story haha.)
3) Camrbige, MA w/ Agalloch (made me not feel like a dumbass for being so pissed I missed most of 'em twice)

I have yet to see Novembers Doom live hopefully after they release their new album they'll make their up to Victoria or Vancouver. Oh well it looks as if most North Americans haven't seen Agalloch live, but I saw them in Seattle in March with Grayceon (fucking awesome, unique group) and In Memorium. So that is a salve to my hurt feelings lol.

Joel

1) Wheaton Grand Theater - Summer 2005
2) JJ Kelley's - Late Summer 2005
3) LOT 4 - December 2006
4) Pearl Room - Chicago Powerfest 2007
5) Pearl Room - Fall 2008

Holy crap! This looks almost like my own list. Switch your #1 for my #1, which would be their 2004 Powerfest appearance at JJ Kelleys, and our lists are the same! We rock :headbang:

But hey, I saw them for the first time before you, nyah nyah :p

Ken

wow. I saw ND live before Jason?
Ha! Yeah...
Well, I always said, I had the Knowing for a while, but became a fanboy with Pale Haunt.

It is possible I saw them at a Milwaukee Metalfest and didn't even know it.
I don't know how many times I will be talking with my friend Bob (Diabolik here on the forums), about some band, and he will be like, "We saw them at Milwaukee Metalfest in whatever year, etc..."

Who else played that NE Fest the year ND did?????????

As for fests, if memory serves correctly it goes like this....

We played NE Metal & Hardcore fest three years in a row-- 2001, 2002, 2003

We played Milwaukee Metalfest three years in a row as well-- 2000, 2001, 2002

We played New Jersey Metalfest twice-- March of 2000, and November of 2003

We played Minneapolis Mayhem in 2005, and Heathen Crusade in 2006.

We played Alehorn of Power fest in June 2007.

We played Chicago Powerfest 2007

So if you were at any of those, you might've seen or heard us.