Your live ND Experiences

You also played Chicago Powerfest in 2003 or 2004, right?

I was at Milwaukee Metalfest in 2002.
I believe I was there on Saturday.
(DragonLord headlined, Exodus, Vio-Lence, Jag Panzer, etc were some of the bigger bands that day).
(I believe on Friday that year, the main bands were Arch Enemy, Angel Dust, etc).

I know you guys were originally scheduled to appear at the second edition of the EXPO OF THE EXTREME festival. My band at the time was on the bill when it was at the Riv, but then got cut when it was moved to the Vic. We did appear on the CD comp though, which was cool.

I vaguely remember that Expo Of The Extreme business, I forget exactly what happened but there was some controversy of some sort with that one which was why we didn't play.

Yeah I forgot that show we did at JJ's was a fest. So count that one as well. I don't recall the date of that one...2003?

Yeah I forgot that show we did at JJ's was a fest. So count that one as well. I don't recall the date of that one...2003?

February 27, 2004.

Not that I'm keeping track or anything.

2/28/04 Chicago Powerfest: Ion Vein, Enertia, Division, Eden's Fall JJ Kelley's Lansing, IL
2/27/04 Chicago Powerfest: November's Doom, Antithesis, Talamasca, Avidost

This thread was a good idea Jason. Some of you guys have asked for a complete show history from us, and sadly we never kept track, but I may start a new thread and start to compile a list of shows we've played, and who we've played them with. Anyone can contribute to the thread, but I'll keep editing the top post to add any new one we come up with. I'd like to attempt exact dates, but that may be close to impossible for some shows.

Ha, yeah, I know I have asked in the past for a complete show-o-graphy.

Anyhow, for some reason, I still have the postcard for that show in Wheaton in my laptop case.

Here were the specs:
Saturday June 25, 2005 - 3PM

Line-Up:
Novembers Doom
Twelfth Gate
Disinter
Withering Soul
Empyrean Sky
Fallen Empire
Luminary
Cardiac Arrest
Clad In Darkness
Angelfire

Another show, in late 2005 I believe, was at the Note, with Debris Inc, and someone else.

there's no way i'd recall all the little one-off shows like at Smiler Coogans, although there were some standout memorable ones (stolen fog machine show, a Halloween show, a Thurstons show that nobody showed up for but Jimmy Doo, etc.).
the road shows are more memorable for me. like the trip where Erik Kikke asked to borrow my toothbrush in Georgia - or in Michigan, seeing Erik come out of the hotel supply room with his shirt cupped, brimming with those tiny shampoo bottles.

Paul, do you still have jpgs of those flyers you did from the Obituary and Michigan fest shows back in 97-98?
i could dig through some of my stuff to see if i saved any old show flyers, pre-Vito era. i'd love to see some Steve era ones too.

Yes!! Now we are talking...
Flyers!!!

Wow, not often you hear people speak of Thurstons.
I loved that place. Played there myself about 3 or 4 times.

You guys ever play the Fireside Bowl?
I know it was primarily a punk club, but some metal bands did play there on occasion.

i never played Fireside. not sure if the guys did when i wasn't around.

the full color flyers Paul designed for those 2 shows i recall were awesome. we didn't really do many flyers when i was around- i did a few very rough ones myself for a couple shows, nothing spectacular or inventive. i'll try and locate any i might have.

that Michigan Fest from 1998 was weird. the place was beautiful, not unlike the Vic Theater in Chicago, only nicer. then the drumkit was behind a giant plexiglass encasement (so you couldn't hear ANYthing), they made us turn our amps around and cover them with cloths (except Mary, she weaseled out of that somehow). got to see/meet Nile, though, which was cool.

You know, regretfully, I never kept old flyers. Now, I wish I would have. The only thing I have collected is more recently, and it's the posters from the European tours. SOme countries like Prague made their own posters for the show. Things like that I keep, and will frame eventually.

Another show I remember you guys playing in more recent years was that weird all-day WINDY CITY INVITAIONAL at the Metro.

I recall some of the other bands were Macabre, Kataklysm, Leaves Eyes, Atrocity, etc.

Sadly, I've not seen Novembers Doom live. :( But they're pretty near on top on the list of bands I really wanna see.

Yes you're right Jason, forgot about that one as well. We played so early in the day, it was ridiculous lol That whole show was such a massive clusterfuck from what I recall, but we enjoyed ourselves nonetheless. I was just happy to see Leaves Eyes/Atrocity.

I was totally flipped out when I heard ND was coming to Seattle.
Then well they canceled and I Wrecked my car, got in fights,quit my job,hurt people for no reason and have been on a beer diet ever since.:heh::zombie:

We'll get to Seattle, don't worry, but it'll be under better circumstances when we can give you 100%.

Antzor-- Did I like whom? Atrocity/Leaves Eyes? Yes very much. I've been an Atrocity fan from Hallucinations right up through Werk 80 II. Leaves Eyes is decent too, but Atrocity is more my thing.

Come to Omaha!!!

Haha, the only problem would be that you draw about 15 people.

It sucks being from a city that you know people won't show up to shows. And it's 12 hours to Chicago :/

Maybe if you ever come to the Kansas City area I could make a show. That trip is about 1/4 of the time haha.