ND shirts

actionfan32

Jun 14, 2006
Saskatoon, SK, Canada
Are there any plans to get more shirts or hoodies available through the ND site, or even through another site like JSRDirect or something? Cause I noticed there are a bunch of t-shirts and hoodies at www.plastichead.com but that's way over in the UK and the prices are much too high for me to get one. I'd love to get that Pale Haunt Departure hoodie, but including shipping it adds up to about $75 Canadian, which is just too much for one item of clothing. And unfortunately the TPHD t-shirts on the ND site are sold out, and all the other shirts are the wrong sizes so for now I'm stuck without any Novembers Doom clothing. So I'm just wondering if you guys plan on restocking anytime soon, or perhaps adding some new shirt designs when the new album gets released, or something like that.

As of right now, PHD is the only place to get those shirts, and hoodies. We have no immediate plans to re-print at this time, but may when we get back from the tour. We're in the process of creating a new design specifically for the European tour, which may be made available when we get home.

Hope this helps!

Okay, cool. I was hoping there'd be new ones soon, but oh well, I can wait. Who knows maybe I'll actually get the TPHD t-shirt. It's just too bad I have such a hard time finding clothing from so many bands that I like over here (Death, My Dying Bride, Novembers Doom, etc).

actionfan32 said:
Okay, cool. I was hoping there'd be new ones soon, but oh well, I can wait. Who knows maybe I'll actually get the TPHD t-shirt. It's just too bad I have such a hard time finding clothing from so many bands that I like over here (Death, My Dying Bride, Novembers Doom, etc).

It's not a matter of the clothing being hard to find, because PHD also licenses Death merch, and I believe MDB is through Razzmatazz. It's a matter of price. When a band manufactures merch on their own, you get a nice price break. Going through a licensed deal, such as ours through PHD, gets our merch in outlets like stores, and mail order companies instead of us doing it ourselves. I know it's expensive for you, in canada to buy from PHD, but the problem for us is, people tell us how much they want merch, and we end up sitting on it for months, because what people say, and what people do are 2 different things. Unless we're selling it on tour, it doesn't move fast enough through our website to justify pressing up merch as often, so usually, it's a one time run, and when it's gone, we move on to another design. Bottom line, and this is for everyone who wants our merch, when you see it available on our site, don't hesitate, because when it's gone, it's usually gone, and then you'll be stuck paying a premium elsewhere for it. If a design sells out quickly, we would certainly reorder right away.

Novembers Paul said:
It's not a matter of the clothing being hard to find, because PHD also licenses Death merch, and I believe MDB is through Razzmatazz. It's a matter of price. When a band manufactures merch on their own, you get a nice price break. Going through a licensed deal, such as ours through PHD, gets our merch in outlets like stores, and mail order companies instead of us doing it ourselves. I know it's expensive for you, in canada to buy from PHD, but the problem for us is, people tell us how much they want merch, and we end up sitting on it for months, because what people say, and what people do are 2 different things. Unless we're selling it on tour, it doesn't move fast enough through our website to justify pressing up merch as often, so usually, it's a one time run, and when it's gone, we move on to another design. Bottom line, and this is for everyone who wants our merch, when you see it available on our site, don't hesitate, because when it's gone, it's usually gone, and then you'll be stuck paying a premium elsewhere for it. If a design sells out quickly, we would certainly reorder right away.

Ah, got it. I'll probably end up getting something from PHD eventually, cause they do have some incredibly nice designs that I can't find at any other place, it's just too bad it would cost about $75 to get a hoodie over here. But oh well, gotta deal with what I have.

actionfan32 said:
Ah, got it. I'll probably end up getting something from PHD eventually, cause they do have some incredibly nice designs that I can't find at any other place, it's just too bad it would cost about $75 to get a hoodie over here. But oh well, gotta deal with what I have.

Believe me, I completely understand! We've only had Hoodies available once or twice, and in very small amounts, only because of the cost of manufacturing them. We can usually get 3 or 4 t-shirts made (depending on the design) for the cost of one hoodie, and e can't charge 3 to 4 times the price of a shirt, so when pressing our own merch, we need to stretch our dollar as far as it can go. There's a possibility the new design we have for Europe will end up on a hoodie. We'll have more merch soon!

Also, something I'm going to look into, is stocking up on PHD merch to sell through our site. It may cost less then the import price that way.

Novembers Paul said:
(...)something I'm going to look into, is stocking up on PHD merch to sell through our site. It may cost less then the import price that way.
Going the extra mile for the fanbase. One has to respect that. In other words, thumbs up.