Increasing exposure for ND....

Actually just for the record (no pun intended), places like Best Buy, FYE, and Borders have been carrying our cds for several years now.

True that! Best Buy is where I purchased TPHD when it first came out.
The End seems to have pretty solid distribution.
I have seen their releases at Borders as well.

One place I haven't seen ND releases though is Rolling Stones.

Vito - You are close to there. Get in there and give em the bizness!!!!

True that! Best Buy is where I purchased TPHD when it first came out.
The End seems to have pretty solid distribution.
I have seen their releases at Borders as well.

One place I haven't seen ND releases though is Rolling Stones.

Vito - You are close to there. Get in there and give em the bizness!!!!

Last time I was at Rolling Stones they had Pale Haunt and Novella there, granted this was probably a year ago though.

If I go in there soon and they don't have stock, I'll start busting up the joint. Have you been to Beyond the Limit lately? That place used to have great metal CDs. That's where I bought my copy of The Knowing actually.

Yeah man. I practically grew up at both Rolling Stones and Beyond the Limit. I actually got my copy of The Knowing at BTL as well. They have TONS of great underground stuff.

I don't go to Stones as often as I used to, though I don't recall ever seeing ND there. Cool though that they have had it at one point in time, if not currently.

Yeah man. I practically grew up at both Rolling Stones and Beyond the Limit. I actually got my copy of The Knowing at BTL as well. They have TONS of great underground stuff.

I don't go to Stones as often as I used to, though I don't recall ever seeing ND there. Cool though that they have had it at one point in time, if not currently.

Stones has had every CD in stock at some point since Amid. They even carried the EP, For Every Leaf That Falls way back in the day. Maybe we just sell so damn well, they are always out of stock! :lol:

I've bought Aardschok many times over the years, going way back to when I was young. Even if just for the amazing pics, because back in the day you had to really search for cool pics of stuff like Possessed and Celtic Frost and so forth. Aardschok has always had the best covers :)

I've bought Aardschok many times over the years, going way back to when I was young. Even if just for the amazing pics, because back in the day you had to really search for cool pics of stuff like Possessed and Celtic Frost and so forth. Aardschok has always had the best covers :)

That's a great story. :) Yea Aardschok had an American adventure.

As far as the covers with the cool bands go, those days are gone. Now Aardschok has the really big names on the cover. Up to a point were it becomes ridiculous. It happens now and then that Aardschok, Rock Tribune and some of the German mags all the same very well known band on the cover just before their new release comes out.

It's a shame because I would love to see Novembers Doom or say, Arsis on the cover of Aardschok. That would rule!

I have my review of the DVD ready. I will translate and post it when the magazine is out. I don't want to publish it before the mag is out. Besides I am getting a new PC and have to backup and move some my data to that other rig today.

In short I praised the DVD for the great sound, the wonderful performance and the great video clips. I ended saying that this was the perfect DVD for Novembers Doom fans who have waited for a live DVD from the band and for any who would like to see and hear what this band is all about.

I assumed the DVD has 5.1 sound but I could not find any info about this. Not on the sleeve nor in the setup menu.

We luckily have Metal Haven, here in Chicago, but that's one of the few places you can get underground metal anywhere near here. I couldn't believe just how many cool stores there are in western Europe, you guys have got it really good compared to us, trust me.

Damn I was visiting Chicago last summer and I was walking around downtown looking for a metal store (or show to go to) but the only one I found was the Virgin Records store. They had some good stuff but they had like Emperor right next to Britney Spears it was ridiculous.....they needed to space out the cd's more.

I wish I would of know about Metal Haven when I was there. Is it close to downtown or farther away?

Metal Haven is on the North side of the city.
It isn't in the heart of downtown, like Virgin was.
It used to be at the corner of Belmont and Broadway, by Reckless.

It is now on Montrose (I believe).

Great store, but not the most organized.

Last time I was there, I did notice a copy of REFLECTING IN GREY DUSK there!!!!

I assumed the DVD has 5.1 sound but I could not find any info about this. Not on the sleeve nor in the setup menu.

i think there was a post from chris, they couldn't record 5.1 at biebob. don't have the dvd with me here, can't check, i'll get back home later this week.

Yes if you go back and find the post from a short while back, Chris explains the whole audio situation. There is not a 5.1 mix for the DVD (boy that seems to have gotten really popular now eh? I remember when that was considered a "Special Feature" haha) but I think the DVD audio is pretty fucking good regardless! :)

Yes if you go back and find the post from a short while back, Chris explains the whole audio situation. There is not a 5.1 mix for the DVD (boy that seems to have gotten really popular now eh? I remember when that was considered a "Special Feature" haha) but I think the DVD audio is pretty fucking good regardless! :)

On that I would wholeheartedly agree! :headbang:

We're fairly lucky around here. There's a little speciality shop in Providence, RI and Newbury Comics is generally Metal friendly.

Mind you... I hope the rest don't get *as* friendly as my local one. They decided to include a dedicated Metal section. That would be helpful except it's almost as if something isn't Metal unless a specific person knows/likes it. Then on top of that if a title is budget priced, they will move it to the Wicked Cheap bin where discs are all clustered behind cards bearing naught but a letter. So now if I want to grab a Metal release I have to check the dedicated section. If there is no place card, I then go to Rock/Pop. If there is one, I have to look behind the corresponding letter in the cheapo disc area.

I don't know if anyone has responded from Canada yet, but I've bought both "To Welcome the Fade" (Dark Symphonies version) and "The Pale Haunt Departure" from a local CD store called Lyle's Place. I've bought the two new re-releases and "The Novella Reservoir" from The End Records. I have also seen the two newest ND releases at CD Plus. I probably could find the DVD here, but I'm going to torture myself and wait until January 24th to pick that up and perhaps a hoodie as well.

Joel