Some increasing recognition for Novembers Doom

Jasonic

Doom On!
Apr 14, 2004
West Burbs of Chicago
So last night, a lot of us locals went to the Pyramid Room to see Stratovarius. If folks are interested to know more about the show itself and this new venue, let me know and I will post it. In an effort to keep this an "on topic" thread, I won't go into that right now.

As with most shows, metal was played in between bands at ear piercing volumes. I believe first was MANOWAR. Then after the second band was KING DIAMOND.....

Want to guess what was played for about 40 minutes before Stratovarius took the stage?????????? You guessed it! NOVEMBERS DOOM. I wasn't paying attention as to the order of the songs played, but if I recall correctly, it was all tracks from NOVELLA.

So, at first read, you might say, "ok, big deal. A Metal band played during intermission of a show" When though was the last time you heard NOVEMBERS DOOM played during intermission before a headlining band, esp a headlining power metal band? Personally, I think this is a pretty big deal.

KingsGene, who is a local guy you might know from other forums, who ironically was talking to me, Bob, and Vito at the time, leaned over, and said something like, "Who is this playing? Sounds good, like something you would like..." To which I smiled and said.........."Um.....this is HIS band, Novembers Doom"

As someone who is into a VERY wide variety of metal, I think it is REALLY cool that ND was played alongside MANOWAR and KING DIAMOND as intermission tunes for this show. :Smokedev:

Hahahaha, actually, when we all realized who was being played, the first thing Vito actually said was, "Who paid the soundguy"

As far as if any "tip" of ANY variety was involved.....is unknown and unconfirmed at this "point" (no pun intended!)

It was cool to hear ND played over the PA. Funnier to see Scott not realize that Vito was in the band being played.

a quick side note...Jason is on Season 3 of "Intervention" on A&E for his Novembers Doom fixaction.

@ Larry: Oh jeebus. :lol:

My initial thought too when I started to hear the ND was "Did Vito have something to do with this!?" Obviously not, haha, but very awesome nonetheless to hear ND at a show like that. For me it was a very welcomed break from all of the power metal. :heh:

As long as he hasn't deteriorated to the point where he's dancing around naked in front of a mirror while "Autumn Reflection" plays in the background ala Silence Of The Lambs, we're all good. lol

Hrmmm...as a father of girls myself, dancing naked to THAT particular song would be quite disturbing............... :loco:

Wasn't sure whether it should be posted here, or made into a new topic...but the good folks over at Blabbermouth have (finally) gotten a review up of INRI. Pretty solid review too, 8/10.

Yep we saw that, and have it posted now in the reviews thread too. Really good review, well written and thought out. What more can we ask for? I'm happy with it.

And it's cool that they played the TNR disc at that show. As simple as it is, you just never know who'll hear it and be turned on to it. Years ago Fernando from Moonspell heard our 2nd cd playing on the p.a. during one of their shows, and really liked what he heard, and made contact with us shortly thereafter. We've been friends ever since. So sometimes even something as small as having your cd played during set change at a show can yield good results.

I remember that; wasn't it a Moonspell / In Flames show at the Knights of Columbus Hall in Arlington Heights? I think Paul gave Fernando a Sculptured Ivy cd that night & he listened to it on the rest of the tour.

That show was kind of nuts- the bands kept breaking off parts of the ceiling.