Increasing exposure for ND....

Jasonic

Doom On!
Apr 14, 2004
West Burbs of Chicago
It seems with each new release, ND becomes more of a household name in terms of underground metal.

I just did a search for ND on www.bestbuy.com , and it looks like they will be carrying the DVD (Released on 8/5)

This is great news!! Think about how many people daily browse the music DVD section at Best Buy. This will certainly expose the ND name to more and more people.

I know Best Buy has been carrying Pale Haunt and TNR (And I think I may have seen the reissues as well).

Though I think there are better chances of someone browsing the DVDs to see the "NOVEMBERS DOOM" name, than quickly browsing the CDs, where discs can get overlooked due to the large quantity.

Every little bit of increased exposure helps, right??? :headbang:

This is great news!! Think about how many people daily browse the music DVD section at Best Buy. This will certainly expose the ND name to more and more people.

I'd have to disagree there - the cd section has the white cards with band names as dividers. That makes it pretty easy to spot a random band name while browsing.

The music DVD section is literally just the entire store's catalog stacked together, with no dividers at all. DVD titles really don't jump out at you unless you're actively looking for them.

Still cool to see the band's releases listed online, even though individual stores may not carry them.

Hmmm...
Actually, at my local Best Buy (Downer's Grove on Butterfield Rd), they have the DVD's spaced out nicely, with the front facing forward, not just the spine. Easy to spot everything.

I know what you mean about the dividers, but if the ND card is behind two other bands, you wouldn't see it unless you flipped them forward. (Usually, they are right after ALDO NOVA!)

IMG_0506.jpg

I have actually moved the ND section at Best Buy to the front, and put them in front of NSYNC! :lol:

For some reason, the jokesters who work at Best Buy has the try card for NUCLEAR ASSAULT read as follows: NUCLEAR ASS I bet that must create a lot of yuk-yuks in the break room there! :lol:

I have actually moved the ND section at Best Buy to the front, and put them in front of NSYNC! :lol:

For some reason, the jokesters who work at Best Buy has the try card for NUCLEAR ASSAULT read as follows: NUCLEAR ASS I bet that must create a lot of yuk-yuks in the break room there! :lol:

Yeah I do that with some bands too

Like with Children of Bodom. If I saw Are You Dead Yet? in the front, I would put it in the back and move Follow the Reaper and Hatebreeder to the front haha

Needless to say that over here in Belgium, the Metalzone shops always put ND in the spotlight.
We also have a big choice in t-shirts and other clothing. Certainly in Vosselaar and Leuven
In other shops like free record shop or extrazone i've never seen ND-work in the metal-shelfs.
At graspop i saw on friday no-one (except for Joe, if a remember it right) else wearing ND t-shirt. On Saturday a few (maybe 5), but on sunday i saw at least 15 people wearing a ND t-shirt.
I even saw the same Joe bringing more T-shirts ( a backpack full) to the merchandising booth.

I have actually moved the ND section at Best Buy to the front, and put them in front of NSYNC!
I did this with magazines. I putted Aardschok and Rock Tribune or Metal Hammer (if available) in front of typical women magazines.
But i've heard that mystery-shoppers give bad points to shop-personnel for not having the prescripted displays, so i stopped doing it.

Actually I saw quite a few ND shirts at Graspop throughout the whole weekend. In fact I was surprised at how many I saw being worn, it was a nice surprise. Our merch sold very well at the fest too so that was good.

Other than through the Metalzone shops and it's affiliates, and during our short lived PHD distro deal, there really isn't any major distribution of our merchandise in Europe, which is fine really because it just means we sell alot more when we come over to tour, and I think most people are logically gonna go to Metalzone to get most of their underground stuff anyhow.

Getting our cds and dvds into places like Best Buy and FYE is important for us here in the U.S., because we don't have many Metalzone-type stores here. We luckily have Metal Haven, here in Chicago, but that's one of the few places you can get underground metal anywhere near here. I couldn't believe just how many cool stores there are in western Europe, you guys have got it really good compared to us, trust me.

Oh and to hell with that secret shopper business (which most of the time isn't enforced here anyhow), if you guys go to a store and see our cds there, move that motherfucker to the front of the display!!! ;-)

Best buy actually carries some pretty underground stuff. I've seen Primordial, Ulver, and Blind Guardian's Somewhere Far Beyond album there (which I couldn't find anywhere else) to name a few.

But regardless it's good that they carry ND material.

Best Buy carries Ulver?

Man, that must depend on which store you go to I guess.

Here they don't sell shit haha.

With big chain stores like Best Buy and FYE, they don't all carry the same items because it's up to the regional buyers for each store to decide what items they'll carry. But the thing is, the cds are in the system so even if a store doesn't carry it sometimes you can special request that they get it in for you.

TBH, I don't even bother looking for CDs in the big chain stores anymore. Pretty much a waste of time. I can find all I need elsewhere without having to deal with the lines, full parking lots, etc. Screw that shit. :cool:

Yeah, Besy Buy carries labels like The End, Nuc Blast / CM (of course), Metal Blade, and more recently Candlelight. I have even seen some Souther Lord stuff there.