What kind of Katatonia fan are you?

What's your choice?

• Total voters
I listen to music from all the genres listed. I voted for extreme metal primarily because that is what got me into Katatonia in the first place. Dance of the December Souls was the first Katatonia album I heard and have been a fan ever since.

The Poona of Peshwa said:
DEEEAAAAATTHH <takes in breath> MEEHHTUUUUHHHHLLL.

^ LOL
I like to listen to Doom-, Death- and a little bit of Black-metal.
I don't think I have ever heard a Power-metal song (any examples???)

voted for progressive and classic / thrash, though I like some gothic bands also as well as doom metal. And I listen to Death Metal since I guess 1989; started with Entombed, Death, Obituary, Vader, Bolt Thrower....

Actually I listen to all genres except black metal, but there is only good and bad music anyway, the most important thing is that we enjoy it; i don`t like thinking in genres anyway....

I'm a big power metal fan myself, I also like melodeath. I quite like doom as well, especially Swallow The Sun

I voted for Doom/death, been on a kick lately...early/mid 90's bands, that was a time - tiamat, paradise lost, katatonia, my dying bride, amorphis, septic flesh, decoryah, anathema...ahh list can go on and on

RutgeR said:
I don't think I have ever heard a Power-metal song (any examples???)

Try Rhapsody. I don't listen to much power metal myself, but their albums "Dawn of Victory" and "Symphony of the Enchanted Lands" (the first one) are actually good.

As for the poll I picked all except softer and gothic.

Extreme: Nile, Bloodbath, Emperor and many many more.

Doom: Swallow the Sun and My Dying Bride. I'm new to this kind of music.

Classics: Iron Maiden, Rhapsody. Not much in this category, since I don't like thrash that much.

Progressive: Porcupine Tree, Opeth, Vanden Plas, Arcturus and so on...

This poll is a bit disappointing, because I fall into a couple of those catergories.

I love black metal, gothic, and doom, so voting for one wouldn't represent the all.

well i couldn't vote either. i listen to lots of styles wich aren't even listed (like jazz, even funk, classical [bach,vivaldi etc...])

i have a little weird background. i started with megadeth, metallica, testament, sepultura (mainly thrash) began to convert to extreme metal (i played black metal for 4 years) and after that period i began to listen to allmost anything wich is intense and has musical quality. That excludes power and some heavy metal.

Katatonia came in when i was listening to doom-black in 1996. after that they were allways there. i empathise (im sure i wrote it wrong) allmost every song they wrote. They are a little beyond music for me.