Opeth

I got Deliverance today :D. I must say....very....VERY good cd. I think the last song is my favorite so far. I guess the release date for the US wasn't on the 11th of November eh?? :p.
Some people on the Opeth board were complaining about how the booklet was hard to get out of the case, but I have no idea why they said that because it's just as easy as anything else :lol:

I just thought I'd reply here instead of making a totally new thread just to tell everyone I got it:).

I love opeth, Can't wait to order my copy of the new album. I had to fork out $25 for blackwater just to get it when it was released in europe, So Im sure im gonna do it again :)

Originally posted by bleedingfilth
Some people on the Opeth board were complaining about how the booklet was hard to get out of the case, but I have no idea why they said that because it's just as easy as anything else :lol:
That was a joke made up by me...I thought it was obvious.

Originally posted by bleedingfilth
They must have been talking about the digipak, I have it and it is indeed quite a hassle to get it out without damaging it.

Originally posted by Nico16
That was a joke made up by me...I thought it was obvious.

Hmm, I didn't take it as a joke....sorry. :p

Originally posted by MadTinus
They must have been talking about the digipak, I have it and it is indeed quite a hassle to get it out without damaging it.

I have the digipak...its not really a problem for me. *shrug* Ahh well...:wave:

Originally posted by BoF
Sirenia!!! Rules..... You must enjoy older Tristania as well then :D
I even like the Tristania album without Morten (WoG) ...mostly because it's different - it's a real progression and not infested with all those Gothic clichés. I'm not a big friend of electronics, but they can add to the songs and to the atmosphere when they're not overused. Besides that Ronny (the vocalist from Trail of Tears) sings on "World of Glass" and IMO his growls belong to the best out there. But if you ask me, I bet this was Tristania's last good album...it's likely that they'll do something in the vein of new Theatre of Tragedy on their next album...with other words: I love "WoG" but now that we have Sirenia, I don't care about Tristania anymore :p

(I even heard rumors that they're about to break up...)

Yea, Sirenia is great :). As far as Tristania..I've loved everything I've heard by them. I'm really into metal with female vocalists...especially if they're operetic vocals...Yummy :p

Nico16: You heard rumors that Tristania were going to break up? Hmm, I'll have to do some research on that then. I liked WoG, but I like Morten's vocals better.

it's so nice to see an opeth thread on the katatonia forum... and i am called a spammer!

well, yeah, the new album is nothing less than a masterpiece. don't want to be repetitive... buy it!!!!!

ormir, let me have my revenge now: you're right, opeth don't make songs... they make pieces of art, and calling those "songs" doesn't give justice to what is commonly called that way.

if you say that there's no progression over 6 albums they made, well, it means you never listened to them.

Originally posted by opethpainter
it's so nice to see an opeth thread on the katatonia forum... and i am called a spammer!

well, yeah, the new album is nothing less than a masterpiece. don't want to be repetitive... buy it!!!!!

ormir, let me have my revenge now: you're right, opeth don't make songs... they make pieces of art, and calling those "songs" doesn't give justice to what is commonly called that way.

if you say that there's no progression over 6 albums they made, well, it means you never listened to them.

Don't even try to convince him.....his lost :lol:

I don't know why, but everytime I listen to it, it seems to be only about 20 minutes long or something, although in reality the album is almost an hour long...