Opeth, Katatonia, and Bloodbath to tour!!!

Elysian Blaze

The Blade
Aug 1, 2002
Hagerstown, MD
from smnnews.com

heads up
» 10-17-2002 Posted By: [ siN ]

To give our readers a heads up, smn would like to announce that OPETH, KATATONIA and BLOODBATH will be touring the United States very soon!

did everyone just cream their pants??? thought so.

----------

I just thought I'd pass this news onto my friends in the Katatonia board. Let's all hope this is true, eh?

Well, I don't live in the US, so I didn't exactly cream my pants.:p But if that tour is actually gonna happen I hope you guys over there will have a helluva good time. Hopefully there will be another European tour when the new Kata album is out. Opeth, Katatonia, Bloodbath...well, sounds pretty good.:D

Why, Oh god, Why cant ppl stay in theire home countrys...

american tour....damnit... do a sweden tour, and i will follow them all the way around :)

Americans.... lucky bastards...

sounds good for all you Americans, what a line up i have to say. BUT to just dent your hopes a little i'd have to say dont believe anything till an official 'band' website says its so. I was pissed off on two occasions hearing in Terrorizer (a big music magazine i might add) TWICE that Opeth were playing in London. The first time i went to get tickets that didnt exist and looked stupid, and wasted my time. the second time the same thing happened, and i couldnt believe Terrorizer would get it soo wrong twice. anyway about 3 or 4 months later the gig was anounced on this board i think it was...and well there was the added bonus of KATATONIA now on the list. anyway the main point is believe it and cream those boxers when its announced by the band/site...

Americans? Yeah, maybe they're lucky bastards, but they shouldn't be from your perspective. Europe is like metal-central for the planet. Incomparison, I bet American metal-fans could relate to Canadian metal-fans in reference to Europeans. Canada, although it produces some amazing metal, the live scene is crap (maybe not so bad out east between toronto and Montreal). If I was told Canada was going to host these three bands on their tour, I'd tell that person to fuck off and stop lying. There's no way I'd ever see them in my area within three thousand kilometers! :p

WOW... that'd be amazing... I kinda doubt it'll happen, but... WOW. And hey, all you European-types, stop that - we get *none* of the cool European bands over here... I'd give a lot to see Katatonia, Tiamat, theGathering, Anathema, etc etc etc come over here for even just a few dates... So yeah, as transparent said, I'm not going to trust this until we hear it straight from the band... Making internet rumors is easy:
NEWSFLASH - All of YOUR favorite bands will be playing in YOUR LIVINGROOM TONIGHT. And they're bringing drinks, the girl/guy of your dreams, and a very generous millionaire!!!

^ See? :)

I can't confirm the validity of the statement, but I did, however, e-mail the guy who posted the news on the site and said he got it from a Century Media press release, which he forwarded my way. It seems as though he took the lines directly from the PR, for there was no new information. So, I'm excited about it, but at the same time, I'm keeping myself grounded. But, if it is true, think about it... wouldn't it be amazing?

Nobody ever comes to Denmark..... Oh i forgot on Thursday (the 24th) I'm going to see Sentenced and Lacuna Coil!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah I know that's not Opeth, Katatonia or Bloodbath, but it's still two bands I enjoy a hell lot :)

Any word on this yet? The silence is sort of eerie, I mean this thread is already on at least 3 forums and we still haven't heard anything from the musicians who would purportedly be involved. Please just confirm, deny or at least acknowledge this rumor, at least say something, pleeeease!

PS: I recognize the possibility that you can't say anything yet (the details are being worked out, hopefully :D ), so don't take this the wrong way. It's just that I can't remember a possible tour package in the U.S. that has excited me so.

Originally posted by Hobo
Why, Oh god, Why cant ppl stay in theire home countrys...

american tour....damnit... do a sweden tour, and i will follow them all the way around :)

Americans.... lucky bastards...

What the hell are you talking about???? You have all the killer bands right there on your home turf and you're calling us lucky bastards?? HMMMM....( well...you don't have Testament....but other than that you have NOTHING to complain about!!) Damn...some people and their dillusional thinking....:bah:

That would totally kick ass! Considering the fact that I think these bands are INCREDIBLE!!!! Hope they come closer to me than Frisco this time!!:D

Originally posted by MindInsane
What the hell are you talking about???? You have all the killer bands right there on your home turf and you're calling us lucky bastards??

Well, you have to remember that Katatonia have hardly ever performed in their homecountry for the past few years. As far as I know, they didn't do any gigs in Scandinavia on the "Autumn Wilderness" tour (after the release of BMD). There was no tour for D.O. And after that, they just played this one gig in Stockholm with Paradise Lost and the Decibel festival last year. That was it, if I'm not mistaken. So with that situation on the homefront I can understand that Hobo isn't too thrilled about the idea of Katatonia touring the States. Hey, but if the US tour is actually gonna happen I don't see why you guys shouldn't be called "lucky bastards".:p