Fredrik and Mattias leave Katatonia

I welcome the new band members with open arms. I trust Jonas and Anders to keep a leash on them and make them do right by Katatonia sake. I also agree with "thisempty" we should not whine and adapt the this change life isnt perfect and art isnt either.

While I don't really want to say it, I think one of the biggest dangers is the revolving door. We don't want this to be Katatonia karaoke, like modern day Cradle of Filth, Opeth, Dimmu Borgir.

But I'm sure it will be fine.

I would only worry about Katatonia if Anders or Jonas quit the band. Katatonia will progress in their music anyway, beside Fred and Mattias leaving. So if their style would change/evolve slightly it's not only "blame" to the absence of the Norrman brothers. The heart of Katatonia is still continuing, that's what I care mostly. I wish them both good luck and also that Katatonia will get bigger than ever. Let's stay optimistic!

Hm, there might still be the option for Fred joining Jonas again for October Tide if he gets bored without the Kats. Hehe! :lol:

I would only worry about Katatonia if Anders or Jonas quit the band. Katatonia will progress in their music anyway, beside Fred and Mattias leaving. So if their style would change/evolve slightly it's not only "blame" to the absence of the Norrman brothers. The heart of Katatonia is still continuing, that's what I care mostly. I wish them both good luck and also that Katatonia will get bigger than ever. Let's stay optimistic!

Hm, there might still be the option for Fred joining Jonas again for October Tide if he gets bored without the Kats. Hehe! :lol:

Actually Blakkheim expressed in an interview, Fred has already written and completed an album for October Tide which does not include Jonas anymore. So that option is kaputt :)

I'm really looking forward for his new album....now, I beleive that could be the reason why fred didn't want to participate in katatonia's music writting process anymore...