Am I the only who hasn't heard one note of Watershed?

Vivören

New Metal Member
Feb 19, 2008
Dans une meilleure maison que vous
Not only here, but on shitloads of metal board people talk about and discuss Watershed. Has anyone else here voluntarily not heard it yet?

Shit, I haven't even watched the Melloboat vid of Heir Apparent. Is no one else savouring the moment for when the album is actually released?

Vivören;7217617 said:
Not only here, but on shitloads of metal board people talk about and discuss Watershed. Has anyone else here voluntarily not heard it yet?

Shit, I haven't even watched the Melloboat vid of Heir Apparent. Is no one else savouring the moment for when the album is actually released?

Im i your exact status.. ive made it my business not to hear any of it before it arrives in the mail :)

I did the exact same thing when Deliverance, Damnation and Ghost Reveries came out, but this time I didn't feel like waiting and I have listened to the two songs that can be listened to legally :) I even bought Porcelain Heart from iTunes, even though it can be listened to for free in the e-card, but I hope the band sees some profits from the digital single sales!

I did that with ghost reveries and it just killed the hype for me. now what i'm looking foward to is the documentary rather than the music itself

With GR, I listened to Ghost of Perdition once or twice before it came out and I had no regrets, so I listened to the live version of Heir Apparent, Lotus Eater twice, and Porcelain Heart once. I think it's fine to listen once or twice to a couple of songs. The problem is when I listen to a song a lot before the album comes out and then I end up skipping it when I get the album. These songs will still be very fresh to me so I know I won't skip them.

to the OP: no, your not alone. i also wait for the album to come out. actually, i made a post in the "Savouring a band"-thread about it.

i was going to do that, its fun sometimes, and not hearing any opinions on it too, but i couldnt wait, so i heard the lotus eater and porcelin heart, possibly heir apperent too but i dont remember it if i did

Vivören;7217617 said:

I'm with you, man.

I only listened to Heir Apparent as a teaser.

I can't wait to get the CD in my hands and fondle it a little bit before popping it in for a listen. I've got a boner just thinking about it.

I´m glad to hear there´s more people like me. A lot of people say i´m whiney but damn it i hate stuff like this. All the thrill and excitement disappears when you can just skip straight trhough everything all the time. If i was to start downloading records i´m sure the more records i downloaded the less interested i would become. "Oh lets see i have 100 albums in this file,lets check this one out for 20 seconds and then skip to the next",no thanks. I will go buy the album and then sit down and listen to it a long time with the booklet in my hands.

I´m glad to hear there´s more people like me. A lot of people say i´m whiney but damn it i hate stuff like this. All the thrill and excitement disappears when you can just skip straight trhough everything all the time. If i was to start downloading records i´m sure the more records i downloaded the less interested i would become. "Oh lets see i have 100 albums in this file,lets check this one out for 20 seconds and then skip to the next",no thanks. I will go buy the album and then sit down and listen to it a long time with the booklet in my hands.

Ill have to disagree here.. for sure, i wont download 100 albums at once, but if i read about aj album or a band, and find that interesting, ill go to myspace or something to hear a bit, and if i like that ill go and download the album. if a get really attached (like i did with opeth, PT and many others) ill go and buy the album.
I cant buy something if i dont know whether i like it or not, otherwise it just money going to waste...

If there's one thing shared by both the leakers and those who refuse to hear ANYTHING (even legally) before the release date, it's that they're all holier-than-thou.

That's just how I feel about it. Haven't listened to a single full song (checked one video, though). Can't wait to get the CD. That's what I do with every band I really like / respect :kickass:

Shit thread. Keep it to yourselves. Go find one of the 500 leak/nonleak threads.

My order's in, that's all that matters to me.:Smug: