The New album is called Watershed : Out June 2nd

So, where are the French people? I don't understand it all. Should've paid more attention to French at school :S

For those who can't wait for a proper French translation:

'Long awaited with a mouthwatering frenzy, Progressia was able finally to attentively listen to Watershed, the ninth album of the Swedish, who present to us two new recruits: Axe and Akesson, blah blah blah

Coil: The festivities start with a magnificient introduction of a light and dark in a gripping way. Opeth straightaway take the opposite direction than what the listeners are used to with a very short piece in this album but oh how rich it is in pure? texture. The acoustic guitar, the voice of Akefeldt and the presence of Nathalie Lorichs ( a famous Swedish singer) marks out this new offering. Watershed, or the encounter of Opeth and folk music and progressive(ness?) in a combination of pure harmony but the best is still to come...

Heir Apparent: ...After being placed in an abyss provided with a directed attention towards the delicate with the song 'Coil', Opeth plunge or dive us into a spirit of (something?)...The second title straightaway proposes or gives the feeling of a heavy tempo bathing in a sombre or dark mood/ambience, where a fragile dragonfly twirls within a (womb of?) darkness without end. The (take off/flying away/escape?) towards clarity suddenly appears when the piano of Wilberg enflames the listening/ers with syncopated rhythms which confirm the beauty and the good sentiment that Opeth are a lot more progressive than (the) usual. The mystery of Akesson (probably whether he could live up to being in Opeth) disappears by the solo of a furious calibre that contributes a technique radiating with brilliance. Half-way, the atmospheric ambience relays a brutal sequence and reminds us of our good souvenir in Blackwater Park....stuffed with fineness and melody. Opeth definitely give us a song that will become a new classic in the scene.

The Lotus Eater: If the preceding album Ghost Reveries reinforced the instrumental structure with a grand dexterity, Watershed places itself in a stylish innovation that clearly asserts itself as an evolution/evolutionary. An example:...a sequence where blast beats are combined with the clear song/clean voice of Akerfeldt, with the ghost of Devin Townsend (suspended?) Opeth continue with their beautiful parts like a bubbly mixture in a cauldron, with a remarkable passage of folk music where some luminous passages hunt for the dullness in a day of rain. The blow of (something) is unforseen...pomposity on a progressive funk that has an unstoppable groove. Mmonstrous! Opeth plays the card of Audacity with a capital A. Add to it a gothic lyricism with lots of sensitivity. Another hit.

Burden: Opeth show their influences while handling skillfully the art that is recognisable as their peers'...an echo to the memories of Pink Floyd and Genesis...the group succeeds in its level of quality compared to the previously mentioned, as the organ solo which is reminiscent of Deep Purple...Unstoppable!

Porcelain Heart: Opeth insists on the hydraulic force of their music while employing a "stoner" side, this piece starts off as heavy and frank...this song risks eithre disgusting certain listeners or a jump in the applause meter. Nevertheless there is an impression of it being already heard. 'Opeth brouille finalement les pistes et on ne peut que constater l'important travail d'orfèvre sur les voix et ce coté folk affirmé qui sévit sur une bonne majorité des titres'. (<dont understand this bit too much) Crafty as foxes, the musicians stretch for us a trap: the woods...melancholy...something about binary guitars.

Hessian Peel: ...Opeth strives to sow the listener in the detours of a labyrinth of an English garden...Candles...mirrors = necessary. The song begins with blues and gives palpitations of pleasure, the folkiness reappears. Again, an ode to Pink Floyd...recalling "Shine On You Crazy Diamond"...with this intimacy initiated by a piano being founded towards the dark and pugnacious side of the group, tugged by the roarings of Akerfeldt. "Hessian Peel" embodies the "gruesome" aspect of Opeth for our pleasure...Contemporary and experimental.

Hex Omega: All good things come to an end. An intoxicating power that is reminiscnet of Porcupine Tree and Dream Theatre's 'Falling into Infinity&#8217;. The keyboards have a tingeof jazziness to them, sustained by a mellotron. There is a light eastern feel...A strong manner of beauty: a constant hallucinosis is noted... Although the departure of Martin Lopez worried a number of fans, Axe fills his role in his heavier approach..convincing subtlety and virtuosity.

I got tired of translation halfway through hence cutting out stuff but I tried my best. Can't wait!

Cheers for the effort in translating, maybe the devin townsend reference is the 'rock voice' mike was talking about.

thats what the review said! it was either celebrity, celebrated or famous but i'm not swedish and i've never heard of her either,so..meh

Thanks for the translation noura! There is listening session of the album in a Danish metal magazine called: Metalized. Perhaps I'll try translate that.

Never understood why people want to read other people's opinions about songs we've never heard so badly...tbh.