Apparently.... Opeth is black metal.

I may get myself berrated for this, but i think people get the wrong idea about opeth being BM partly due to some of the parts in the first 2 albums.

For example, lets look at Black Rose Immortal. The first vocal passages are almost as caustic in their nature to (some) Black Metal vocals. Not only that but there is plenty of tremolo picking throughout the song, which is incorporated a great deal in BM.

ok folks here's the final word on the supposed black metal vocals

here's a spectrum of vocals that ranges from death metal to black metal:

DM |----------------------------------------------------| BM

and here's where pre- and post-morningrise opeth rank on the spectrum

DM |---post---pre--------------------------------------| BM

now do you trite metalnoobs get it? opeth vocals have never been black metallish, they're just 5 percent closer on Orchid than on Still Life

stfu period

illidurit said:
ok folks here's the final word on the supposed black metal vocals

here's a spectrum of vocals that ranges from death metal to black metal:

DM |----------------------------------------------------| BM

and here's where pre- and post-morningrise opeth rank on the spectrum

DM |---post---pre--------------------------------------| BM

now do you trite metalnoobs get it? opeth vocals have never been black metallish, they're just 5 percent closer on Orchid than on Still Life

stfu period

rofl what do you call this "spectrum"??????

Blue_Jay said:
Ok ok I won't listen to Cannibal Corpse then lol sorry that I even asked.

Please tell me you're joking... and not saying you're not going to listen to a band because someone else said that they suck or you would suck for listening to them..

Grow a spine, listen to what you want and judge for yourself.

i reckon he had the right idea tho samsara, not creating anymore conflict by saying something like 'Well fuck you il listen what the fuck i want, fuckers'. The choice is still open to him to listen to it. easier than not getting bullyed to be honest. Its only a matter of time before hes tainted.

affinityband said:
i reckon he had the right idea tho samsara, not creating anymore conflict by saying something like 'Well fuck you il listen what the fuck i want, fuckers'. The choice is still open to him to listen to it. easier than not getting bullyed to be honest. Its only a matter of time before hes tainted.

Disclaimer: I'm not slagging you, affinityband.

I never said he should tell everyone to "Fuck Off" and perpetuate conflict. "The choice is still open to him to listen to it." as you said is true, but he indicated he had closed that door and I believed him... and believe that is a foolish action. Getting bullied? Only people who allow themselves to feel bullied get bullied. Why people here care so much about what others here say to them or about them or their taste is beyond me... let alone change their behavior based on it. I could elaborate.... but I'm busy so maybe more in a bit...if you care. Sorry, dude...

Ok fine I will check them out someday then lmao. Good chance I will like them anyways since 60% of the reviews I read up on says they like CC and the other 40% say they sound the same and are boring. Although people say that for Deicide and I absolutely love them.

Blue_Jay said:
Ok fine I will check them out someday then lmao. Good chance I will like them anyways since 60% of the reviews I read up on says they like CC and the other 40% say they sound the same and are boring. Although people say that for Deicide and I absolutely love them.
In that case, I wouldn't recommend smoking crack. Ever.

*waits for him to start doing crack and become a crackhead*

Mr Samsara said:
Disclaimer: I'm not slagging you, affinityband.

I never said he should tell everyone to "Fuck Off" and perpetuate conflict. "The choice is still open to him to listen to it." as you said is true, but he indicated he had closed that door and I believed him... and believe that is a foolish action. Getting bullied? Only people who allow themselves to feel bullied get bullied. Why people here care so much about what others here say to them or about them or their taste is beyond me... let alone change their behavior based on it. I could elaborate.... but I'm busy so maybe more in a bit...if you care. Sorry, dude...

Lol nah i know you werent slaggin me. I was just stating, it couldve been worse i reckon. ~*kisses*~ :D

Why is this topic even being discussed? Do any of you even listen to Black Metal and understand what its about? No, obviously not because you're still attempting to draw blood from stone by comparing apples to oranges.

Someone close this pathetic thread, its getting more stupid by the minute.

Whatever, but the stupidity of this topic is just mind-numbingly pathetic. People talking about shit they know nothing about makes my blood boil.

CLOSE THIS THREAD!!!!!!

The Hubster said:
Why is this topic even being discussed? Do any of you even listen to Black Metal and understand what its about? No, obviously not because you're still attempting to draw blood from stone by comparing apples to oranges.

Someone close this pathetic thread, its getting more stupid by the minute.

Read the first post. I actually thought it was interesting PPT called Opeth "Black Metal"...