Special Edition... bonus?

BrandonS

Apr 5, 2003
I was getting ready to buy the special edition but I keep hearing that the CD doesn't actually have the bonus tracks.... Is this a joke or what? If I'm going to pay extra for a CD to have bonus tracks, I'm going to expect them to actually be on it so I can listen to it? Has anyone bought it yet and can let me know? I rip my CDs to Zune so I can listen in the car and such. If the SE is the same as the original version, I might as well just pay less and get the regular edition, or just not buy it at all? (maybe wait for RR's next special edition in 6 months or so that includes Would? on one CD?)

Thanks for the info

That kind of defeats the purpose of buying a CD though doesn't it? If I wanted to sit in my living room for an hour and a half, I'd watch a movie. :lol:

Seems like you need to purchase both.

I'm pretty sure when I purchased WS the standard edition cost the same as the SE.

The SE was a couple of quid extra over here. I bought it to have the DVD with the 5.1 mix and the documentary as well as the bonus tracks (and because I'm a completist Opeth-geek). But it is a bit strange that the bonus tracks are on the DVD. Derelict Herds is on the CD that comes with the vinyl edition, but with the SE you'll have to rip them (which isn't too hard) or download them - it does suck having to download something you've bought anyway but there you go.