BONUS tracks! Opinions and comments

I personaly think D.Herds would have fit decently well on the album.

It's awesome now that I can listen to them all on one disc. Dunno what the hell Roadrunner was thinking.

i think RR is just the stupid corporate bs mofo's that opeth has to deal with. it's mikael and the band that make the album, RR just wants to get their profit from it and that's acceptable from a buisness standpoint, i guess, not that i know anything about that. i just don't necessarily think DH would have fit into the album well just because of the extra growls. i think it works good as a bonus track.

i still want to hear would tho.

No one is going to mention how much "Derelict Herds" sounds like Riverside? The resemblance is extremely obvious. Nice song. I didn't like it too much at first, but it has grown on me.

I totally agree, although I only realised that yesterday.
The song (without the middle part) could easily have been on the last two Riverside albums. That middle eastern feel backed with progrock instrumentation is the main trait of Riverside now...

I'm going back on my earlier less enthusiastic comment about "Den ständiga resan" - it is a great, beautiful, melancholy song.

Notice how there is this one piece of acoustic guitar (Am) which is precisely the way they play that chord rytmically on one of the songs on Morningrise!