Watershed bonus tracks...?

R0ck3t33r

New Metal Member
Jun 3, 2008
Hey all,
I got my Watershed special edition in the mail yesterday. I was quite disappointed that the three bonus tracks were on the DVD instead of the CD. Does that mean that I have no way of getting them on my iPod?

Anyone have any ideas? It's a damn shame that I have to play the DVD whenever I want to hear "Derelict Herds."

... oh, and what the hell happened to "Would?" ? Has there been any explanation about its absence?

I'm pretty sure theres a few programs that allow you to rip the songs from the DVD. And if you can't rip them, well theres always that other option...

i can't even get the cd in my itunes everytime i try i get this open disc thing pops up and it wont let me get to the files any know how?

For whatever reason "Would" was put on hold for the time being. Mikael has mentioned not being happy with it, so maybe that's why. All I know is I really want to hear it too.

1) Download SmartRipper and Gold Wave
2) Insert DVD
3) Start SmartRipper
4) On "Input" tab find "Title -> Program Chain -> Angle" Box. Scroll down to Title 3. Click it. Click Program Chain 1. Click Angle 1.
5) Find "-> Chapters" box to the right. Check Chapter 1. This is Derelict Herds. Uncheck others.
6) Click "Stream Processing" tab. Check "Audio English AC3...". Uncheck others. Enable Stream Processing should be checked. Direct Stream Copy should be selected on right.
7) Click start on far left. Save file as an easy to remember name.
8) Start Gold Wave
9) File -> Open. If you can't find the file, choose show all files.
10) File -> Save As. Be sure to select Wave under save as type.
11) Repeat 5-10 with the next chapter.
12) Rip Mellotron Heart and burn files to CD-R to create your all-purpose Watershed disc.

If I get banned, it was nice knowing all of you.

If I may whine, the file size on the bonus tracks is about 10MB. This is the size of an MP3, so I doubt we're getting high quality audio on the bonus tracks. Oh well. Is an Opeth DVD complete without something to complain about?

Well, I buy music DVDs a lot and rip the audio from every single one. Should've figured it'd be illegal. What isn't? Seems like I can't do a goddamn thing with my music and property that isn't illegal. Adding this to the list isn't going to be a problem.

I guess you didn't get my PM, so here's my question. When I'm in the part to select the output location, what do I select or whatever? I'm actually quite confused at this point.