Whole Watershed Album

Puzzlebox

Jan 20, 2006
With the addition of the song Derelict Herds the Watershed album is complete for me, because I always felt the album was missing something.

The problem is, where does Derelict Herds fit in with the rest of the songs, because the album ends best with Hex Omega. I was thinking after Hessian Peel and before Hex Omega...

I think RR just threw Derelict Herds on the SE to sell more SE. I see no reason that it shouldnt have been included on the album.

I obviosly want to remake the album for my own personal use with the songs in a good flowing order (just the original Opeth songs, no covers).

Thoughts.

DH, for me, doesn't maintain the AWESOME level of song quality in Watershed. It's a good piece, though; and I'd recommend between Burden and Porcelain Heart (to have some growling inbetween :D)

I'm not going to say that the album isn't complete without Derelict Herds, but if I had to make it fit in, I would also put it between Hessian Peel and Hex Omega. Doesn't disturb the flow because those songs have the oriental tune.

I'd like to have the bands' thoughts on this.

I honestly believe that Roadrunner made them hold out Derelict Herds. If it was added, the album would have been an hour long. I have heard people say that the track doesn't fit in with the rest of the album, but I disagree.

With the addition of the song Derelict Herds the Watershed album is complete for me, because I always felt the album was missing something.

The problem is, where does Derelict Herds fit in with the rest of the songs, because the album ends best with Hex Omega. I was thinking after Hessian Peel and before Hex Omega...

I think RR just threw Derelict Herds on the SE to sell more SE. I see no reason that it shouldnt have been included on the album.

I obviosly want to remake the album for my own personal use with the songs in a good flowing order (just the original Opeth songs, no covers).

Thoughts.

It has a different atmosphere then the rest of the album, and I'm pretty damn sure it's a concept album. Meaning it doesn't fit into the story. What the hell does RR have to do with it? ><

What the hell does RR have to do with it? ><

Nothing. There's a horde of retards that blame any fault of Mike's or Opeth on RR because they can't fathom thinking that all things Opeth aren't infallible.

Derelict Herds isn't on Watershed because Derelict Herds sucks. It would've been bar none the worst Opeth album song in the band's history.

Anyway...

I put Derelict Herds after Burden and before Porcelain Heart...

worked out great and sounds awesome...

Salud!

Anyway...

I put Derelict Herds after Burden and before Porcelain Heart...

worked out great and sounds awesome...

Salud!

Agreed, I think that's where it'd fit best in my opinion. It kinda breaks up the ballad all the way through to the death metal segment around 5:45 into Hessian Peel. When listening to the 7 songs on the album, I'll sometimes rearange my listening order to add the heaviness back in. I'll skip The Lotus Eater, listen to Burden, the go back to The Lotus Eater go through Porcellain - Hex. Derelitc Heards definitely fits in after Burden.

FYI Mike has directly stated in interviews that it was HIS decision to keep Derelict Herds off the album because he felt the atmosphere of the song didn't match the rest of the songs on the album.

So...shut up.

FYI Mike has directly stated in interviews that it was HIS decision to keep Derelict Herds off the album because he felt the atmosphere of the song didn't match the rest of the songs on the album.

Well that's a silly statement from Mike, cause this album has NO atmosphere, it lacks any kind of continuity whatsoever. All tracks are stand alone. I think "Derelict Herds" fits right in with the rest of the mediocrity contained here-in. The only decent song on this album is "Heir Apparent" and this one to me, sounds horribly out of place.

Derelict Herds isn't on Watershed because Derelict Herds sucks. It would've been bar none the worst Opeth album song in the band's history.

A bit harsh. I agree that the song was probably the worst from the Watershed sessions, but it wasn't bad at all. Had some interesting moments. It just didn't seem to be worked out as much as the other tracks... it almost felt like a refined demo.

Well that's a silly statement from Mike, cause this album has NO atmosphere, it lacks any kind of continuity whatsoever. All tracks are stand alone. I think "Derelict Herds" fits right in with the rest of the mediocrity contained here-in. The only decent song on this album is "Heir Apparent" and this one to me, sounds horribly out of place.

A lot harsh.

The only decent song on this album is "Heir Apparent" and this one to me, sounds horribly out of place.

You're clearly not a real fan of this band...

You have a right to like or dislike whatever you want, but come on, man.

Any hardcore Opeth fan should love Watershed.