Drake
Florence & The Machine
Mumford & Sons
Esperanza Spalding

Eminem has 10 nominations
Bruno Mars has 7 nominations
Lady Gaga, Lady Antebellum, and Jay Z have 6 nominations

Full list: http://www.grammy.com/nominees

More shit being pushed on the masses. Hmphh... it's mind-boggling to think just how ignorant people are to accept this record company pushed crap.

17. Best Hard Rock Performance For solo, duo, group or collaborative performances, with vocals. Singles or Tracks only.

A Looking In View
Alice In Chains
[Virgin Records]

Let Me Hear You Scream
Ozzy Osbourne
Track from: Scream
[Epic]

Black Rain
Soundgarden
Track from: Telephantasm
[A&M/UMe]

Between The Lines
Stone Temple Pilots
Track from: Stone Temple Pilots
[Atlantic]

New Fang
Them Crooked Vultures
Track from: Them Crooked Vultures
[DGC/Interscope]

Ozzy really??

Best Metal Performance
For solo, duo, group or collaborative performances, with vocals. Singles or Tracks only.

El Dorado
Iron Maiden
Track from: The Final Frontier
[UMe]

Let The Guilt Go
Korn
Track from: Korn III: Remember Who You Are
[Roadrunner Records]

In Your Words
Lamb Of God
Track from: Wrath
[Epic]

Sudden Death
Megadeth
[Roadrunner Records]

World Painted Blood
Slayer
Track from: World Painted Blood
[Columbia Records/American Records]

I can live with these choices. Slayer will probably take it though.

How do you get nominated for a Grammy anyway?

You gotta make the music industry the moneyz. Honestly, working at Hot Topic I should know what over half those bands/artists sound like, but I swear I zone out soooo much I tune out the music playing.

Not giving a damn about the Grammys, but I think it's pretty cool that they nominated
Esperanza Spalding, really digging her music, she's an awesome upright player (not that many
girls that get a Berklee scholarship for upright bass) and a great singer and she's very cute, too.

Yeah I've been pretty into it to be honest, kind of "more of the same" from her but I like it.

I just fucking hate Kanye. :lol:

Hmm... I'll have to check it out. And +1 abo Kanye. Could be worse tho... just imagine, Bangs could be nominated next year for "meet me on the facebook", or the Gregory Brothers/Antoine Dodson for their Rapist song. I hope the "double rainbow" auto-tune wins. Yes, this is what music has come to. :lol:

Edit: I just remembered that those would be nominated this year, if at all. Tbh, any of those songs would be better than the ones in the top pop category. I think the grammy's are going to have to create a new category for viral video songs.

in regards to the first post.......

this is actually the best ive seen the nominations in awhile. those are some great artists in there! how can you possibly say more shit pushed to the masses?
Cee Lo Green is amazing. Mumford and Sons are pretty damn good. Bruno Mars is a very talented dude who writes a lot of the hits you hear on the radio today. And Arcade Fire speak for themselves at this point (although i think they are a tad overrated).
What do you expect to get nominated???

Florence & The Machine and Mumford & Sons have been clients for quite a while now. Did a bunch of shit with Gaga at the start of the year thru Summer.

It's clear that my engineering for their rehearsals/pre-prod sessions got them where they are today and I expect many shout outs if they pick up awards... Haha... Yeaaaaah, riiight.

I think you have to accept the Grammy's for what they are-- a congratulatory ceremony for people who are successful and sold a lot of records that received mostly positive critical response. It really isn't any worse than it's been for as long as I can remember.

Damn, I'm way out of the loop when it comes to modern pop hit music. Out of the OP's list I didn't recognize the following names in any way:

B.o.B, Bruno Mars, Cee Lo Green, Lady Antebellum, Arcade Fire, Drake, Florence & The Machine. Mumford & Sons and Esperanza Spalding.

Not sure if I should be worried or glad, though.

Yeah I've been pretty into it to be honest, kind of "more of the same" from her but I like it.

I really can't get into the new album as much... Speak Now seems more hit or miss VS. Fearless being much more great song after great song... it's still good, might just be me :shrug: