Grammys tomorrow!

redblueyes

wreathme
Apr 29, 2001
USA
redblueyes.50megs.com
Opeth guys:
Good luck + best wishes tomorrow from all your fans!!!
luxhello.gif
Hope you WIN!
smoke.gif

Any net guys out there in Sweden planning to tape the show? Maybe you can upload (at least) any Opeth portions of the show for us losers who can't be there!!??
yes.gif

Well, i'll probably record it, but i am sure they won't show any Opeth
footage or something like that! To be honest, i don't think Opeth
has no chance to win, unfortunately! Entombed will win or something. :(

And how can i put video (VHS) footage to the computer??
Isn't it hard?? I need software and shit, right??

I don't know how brutilizer, I just know it can be done cause of bootlegmania's site! :D I was hoping you knew HOW to. :lol:

Whether they win or not, it's still fkn cool that they're getting some bigtime recognition. And who knows, in sweden, maybe the most deserving shall win! Right! :p
yes.gif

Yeah, tt would be really cool if someone could tape it and rip it to divx or something.

Also I don't think it's necessarily terrible if Entombed wins instead of Opeth. I would obviously vote for Opeth myself but Entombed's Morning Star is also a great album. It's like a win-win situation. Unless one of the other nominees wins.

Originally posted by Brutalizer

And how can i put video (VHS) footage to the computer??
Isn't it hard?? I need software and shit, right??

You can get hardware like Dazzle (and other brands) - either a PCI card, or USB. It comes with software: you hook up your VCR, TV, camcorder, etc to it, and it gets it on the computer as an MPEG.

Oh yeah - GOOD LUCK OPETH!!!!!

I will tape it.
Also, I have ordered a tv-card which should arrive in a week or so. Dunno how good it is, but I should be able to get it unto the computer with at least decent quality. Though, as said before, i doubt the guys will appear more than perhaps a glimpse when the nominees are presented.

I am telling you though... there is something far greater being launched this weekend. Those who frequent this forum will see.. and you cannot afford to miss it!

Originally posted by cyanopsis
I will tape it.
Also, I have ordered a tv-card which should arrive in a week or so. Dunno how good it is, but I should be able to get it unto the computer with at least decent quality. Though, as said before, i doubt the guys will appear more than perhaps a glimpse when the nominees are presented.

I am telling you though... there is something far greater being launched this weekend. Those who frequent this forum will see.. and you cannot afford to miss it!

I know what you're talking about :)

I'll be taping it and then capturing it at the lan-party this weekend where someone is bound to have a capture-card. I'll also be on a 10mbit connection there so if there's any Opeth stuff worth capturing I'll probably be serving them by saturday.

Why you, men and women, are so excited about this empty party (grammys)? This ugly fest only glorifies the music like a product not music like a form of art. This is one of the pure forms of stupidity that the big music industries use to brainwash the mainstream masses.

I see you've seen a whole lot of grammy shows then Brevidade. I wonder why you would suffer through enough of them to know your conclusions so certainly. I hope it didn't hurt.

I, on the other hand, have never seen one. Maybe I'll find your words true after I skip through this one to see if there are any Opeth or Entombed bits in it.

If I can be bothered to stay around the tv long enough, redblueyes. I was thinking I'd just go eat while it gets taped so I can use the evil fast-forward button at my whim.