Saskatoon Show

Harvest Hound

New Metal Member
Feb 1, 2006
Saskatchewan, Canada
Just wondering if any of you have been to a Opeth soundcheck before. I've been invited to go to their soundcheck tomorrow night and I'm wondering if they would invite questions from us fans or if they're all business. I know there will only going to be their crew and about six of us in the building. It should be pretty interesting. It being my first Opeth show and all it, I don't think it can get any better.

I know they don't play BRI and I wasn't trying to be a dick or anything about this, I just didn't know what to expect. I'm not sure if I'll even be able to talk with them. Do you think it would be appropriate to ask about Lopez? I was thinking along the lines of asking them to play Leper Affinity instead of DOTF. Just my preference.

Can be variable events, it depends on how things progress...

It is sensible to keep quiet until you know things are working out, no technical problems, etc.

I have had the honour of being at numerous soundchecks over the years, no one of them are the same or straight forward.

The trick is, don't piss anyone off with smart remarks !

Opeth, "Bless Em" take their sound and music very seriously, so enjoy it and apply discretion if anything goes wrong !!

Your in for a blast... :headbang:

Enjoy.

dcat said:
Can be variable events, it depends on how things progress...

It is sensible to keep quiet until you know things are working out, no technical problems, etc.

I have had the honour of being at numerous soundchecks over the years, no one of them are the same or straight forward.

The trick is, don't piss anyone off with smart remarks !

Opeth, "Bless Em" take their sound and music very seriously, so enjoy it and apply discretion if anything goes wrong !!

Your in for a blast... :headbang:

Enjoy.

Thanks

I'll be at that show tomorrow, maybe i'll see you there. I'm fucking uber stoked, this is the second time i'll see Opeth, the first time wasn't long enough. God, I hope they play Demon of the Fall.. by far my favorite Opeth song. Deliverance, Ghost of Perdition, Grand Conjuration, and The Moor directly after that. Oh boy, its gonna be fun, except for the 2 and a half hour drive from Regina.

I'm stoked basically.

A. Iverson said:
You were invited? By whom? And why you?
ask about lopez

Yeah, why ask about Lopez when that subject has already been discussed to death with no more information ever being revealed? Would be a huge waste of an oppurtunity if he actually does get to talk to them.

When I used to be on the street team for a promoter around town, I used to always get to go to sound checks.

Well I just got back from the show. . . same setlist as always except we got Demon of the Fall as an encore. My friend who's a bit of a jackass says that it is due to his screaming for it between songs.

Wow. I just got back in town, and was so bloody surprised at how tight Opeth was. They were just on tonight. Everything that came out of Mikaels mouth was so perfect. Jesus.