Questions on Chicago March 2nd show

Lothlorien

Towards the Great Sky
Jan 28, 2006
Hello, I have been an Opeth fan for almost six years now. I have been coming to this forum weekly almost daily for the past couple years just reading the threads, I have finally decided to become a member.

Ok, so I have gotten my tickets to the Evening with Opeth show on March 2 at the House of Blues. Although i have been a huge fan of Opeth since about 2000 I have yet to go to one of their shows. I live in the middle of Iowa and find it hard to get to the shows. However I am traveling 4 1/2 hours to Chicago to this one.

I just have a few questions that have been on my mind about this show. First, it says that no cameras are allowed in the House of Blues. Now I dont care for breaking the law, but there is no way in hell that I am leaving that show without getting pictures of Opeth. Do many of you do this at shows?

Second, I feel I will be spending far too much money on Opeth merch at the show, but will it just be t-shirts for sale? It'd be great to pick up a copy of Ghost Reveries on vinyl if it was at their merch table.

Third, does anyone going to this show know how the seating will work? All of the tickets are general admission but House of Blues has two balconies as well if Im not mistaken. Will there only be seating on the floor?

If any of you have anything to add about this show I would really appreciate it, it will be a big night for me and for all of us who get a chance to hear songs from all their albums.

thank you for your time and your answers back.

sorry for posting this twice, it said "invalid forum chosen" when i sent it the first time.

I've read that HOB Chicago has metal detector wands, so unless you're crafty like have tons of metal on you, maybe a belt buckle, and crotch the camera you probably won't get it in. Even then if security catches you taking pictures they can confiscate your camera.

You're not breaking the law for bringing a camera though, they can't arrest you or anything. All they can do is confiscate it, if you refuse they can kick you out.

I'm recording (audio) the Chicago show and know another guy who is as well.

yea im kinda young (15) but i saw opeth in october at HoB chicago, so dont blow me off cuz of my age.

there were a few people taking pictures when i was there, but i saw one guy get his camera taken away. if u can get ur hands on a good camera phone and wait till the stage is lit up nicely, ur pretty much set. and heres a trick: once the pictures are on ur camera phone, u can send them to ur email adress by sending the picture normally like u would to any other phone number, but instead of entering a phone # to send to, enter in your email adress (blank@blank.com) works like a charm and the image quality is boosted when on your computer. worked great last time for me.

next question: merch- there was mostly tshirts on sale last time, with a few GR cds, but no vinyls. some stickers and wrist bands and other shit too, but thats about it.

third: seating. I got my tickets to the march 2nd chicago
show also, and the only thing i could figure out about the seating was that its general admission, so i would imagine that its a first come first serve basis. get there early so u can get a good seat. i think the balcony is only reserved for VIPs.

i know ur driving a long way to get there, but ur making the best choice of your life. i saw them for the first time in october. it completely blew my mind. you wont beleive it man. also, although it may seem like people are gonna be jackasses there, theyre actually really nice. so go and have a great time. maybe i'll see u there.

alex

thanks for your replys. I am actually going to get a new cell phone this week that has a camera on it so I can have at least a little chance of catching a few pics of opeth.

if anyone else has anything to add or some advice to give me I'd definetly appreciate it. thanks again.

Lothlorien said:
thanks for your replys. I am actually going to get a new cell phone this week that has a camera on it so I can have at least a little chance of catching a few pics of opeth.

if anyone else has anything to add or some advice to give me I'd definetly appreciate it. thanks again.

I sent you a PM - just let me know if you're interested.