Chicago Show Seated?

usefulidiot

New Metal Member
Jan 17, 2006
Chicago/Champaign
According to the Opeth page, the house of blues evening with show is seated.

On the Opeth Ticketing webpage it says for the chicago show "$18.00 - General Admission (REG - Regular Price)"

Start: Wed, 01/18/06 10:00 AM CST
End: Fri, 01/20/06 10:00 PM CST
DECIBEL MAGAZINE PRESENTS
AN EVENING W/ OPETH
CHRONOLOGY MCMXCIV - MMV
ALL AGES * LIMITED SEATING
HOB CHGO/329 N DEARBORN
THU MAR 2 2006 DRS 6:30PM

What does all of this mean to me, and what is chronology mcmxciv -mmv????

Chronology MCMXCIV- MMV equates to 1994-2005, or roughly the timespan that Opeth has existed. Sounds like a greatest hits show to me. And it is going to be amazing. Trust me.

usefulidiot said:
so should I buy these general admission tickets from the opeth ticketing site or is there somethign better being released on ticketmaster or what?

You can sign up to be a member at HOB.com, and you can buy presale tickets right now. They went on sale this morning to HOB members...mine are already waiting for me....:cool:

Just ordered mine through HOB's website and this is the line item I got. I only had one choice and it was GA.

An Evening with Opeth
House of Blues Chicago
3/2/2006 7:30:00 PM

(3) Tickets - General Admission Standing Room
@ $16.50 each plus $9.10 per-ticket service charge
sub-total : $76.80

Why do I have a feeling that maybe a new DVD is in the works..That would truely be amasing if they did one show and played a shitload of old stuff for a dvd..Well thats my thoughts on it at lest..

BoredFaust said:
My wife is taking me to that show for my anniversary present, and she hates metal music.

Well, your wife is a VERY kind lady then! We'll probably be seeing an equal amount of soft and loud that night...probably just like the Lamentations DVD.