Questions on Chicago March 2nd show

Lothlorien

Towards the Great Sky
Jan 28, 2006
Hello, I have been an Opeth fan for almost six years now. I have been coming to this forum weekly almost daily for the past couple years just reading the threads, I have finally decided to become a member.

Ok, so I have gotten my tickets to the Evening with Opeth show on March 2 at the House of Blues. Although i have been a huge fan of Opeth since about 2000 I have yet to go to one of their shows. I live in the middle of Iowa and find it hard to get to the shows. However I am traveling 4 1/2 hours to Chicago to this one.

I just have a few questions that have been on my mind about this show. First, it says that no cameras are allowed in the House of Blues. Now I dont care for breaking the law, but there is no way in hell that I am leaving that show without getting pictures of Opeth. Do many of you do this at shows?

Second, I feel I will be spending far too much money on Opeth merch at the show, but will it just be t-shirts for sale? It'd be great to pick up a copy of Ghost Reveries on vinyl if it was at their merch table.

Third, does anyone going to this show know how the seating will work? All of the tickets are general admission but House of Blues has two balconies as well if Im not mistaken. Will there only be seating on the floor?

If any of you have anything to add about this show I would really appreciate it, it will be a big night for me and for all of us who get a chance to hear songs from all their albums.

thank you for your time and your answers back.