Grammys

wdiv

Rattlehead
May 28, 2004
US
I think that everone will agree that the grammys are completely irrelevant & pointless, especially for rock & metal. But it's still fun to complain about...

Best Metal Performance
Iron Maiden - El Dorado
Korn - Let the Guilt Go
Lamb of God - In Your Words
Megadeth - Sudden Death
Slayer - World Painted Blood

I guess that they felt obligated to give Maiden an award? I think El Dorado is one of the weakest Maiden tracks in existence. At least Korn didn't win (I'm kinda shocked that they made the list, given the demise of nu-metal). Also thought it was odd that a Megadeth non-album track made the list, but perhaps that just goes to show that Guitar Hero sells more units then cds nowadays? And World Painted Blood is from 2009, so not sure why it was in consideration.

Best Hard Rock
Them Crooked Vultures - New Fang
Alice in Chains - A Looking in View
Ozzy Osbourne - Let Me Hear You Scream
Soundgarden - Black Rain
Stone Temple Pilots - Between the Lines

Should have been AIC, IMO.

I think that everone will agree that the grammys are completely irrelevant & pointless, especially for rock & metal.

And that's the bottom line! Kudos to Maiden but unnecessary for them and for us.

@ PM74: And yes Megadeth song is better.

Megadeth threw that song together in 5 minutes. All the nominations really aren't that great. That was bullshit when Priest won last year for a song they wrote 20 years ago.

Maiden doesn't need a grammy to be good but I do agree I'm confused for this song getting an award. :loco:

I love the song and the whole album but where the hell was the Grammys for Brave New World, Dance Of Death or AMOLAD

Ozzy has made better albums as well but...whatever...cool they got something (Maiden) but like Priest last year I find out about all this stuff wayyy after the fact. The grammys are worthless. Give all my favorite bands awards and you still won't change my mind on this.

bazinga.jpg

Sheldon rules! And I'm right off to see "the Big Bang Theory" tonight's episode.