Graphics

blackeyed

original rude boy
Nov 7, 2003
england
www.faceparty.co.uk
I know there are a few graphics-orientated people between this and the ana-feema forum, so I just want to ask your opinion..

Im leaning more into graphics (film/photography/illustration) lately but my shitty pc laptop is well, shitty. I installed XP onto it last night but it's still slow as a slow fuck and so won't play my videos properly.

So the question is, what can I do to it to make it better? (i.e. know of any decent software)
or
Should I just launch it in the bin/flog it and get an ibook because that's the industry used computer anyway???

I've just got no experience in this area and the techs in college are a waste of space. Ta.

you cant do much with that.. but... first:

go to the system properties, then go to the "adcanced options" area, then click on performance config. , and there choose: " Adjust to get the best performance"... the exact words may vary cuz i have my windows in spanish but its easy to find out...

thanks for that, I've just done what you said and im just having a mess with it.....and its still a piece of shit.

think i might have a go at flogging it to an unsuspecting teenager who is only after it for the standard stuff.

reckon i should just get an ibook?

233mhz?? im amazed xp even installed on that lol
its minimum spec is 400mhz and 128 mbs I think...and even that would be a dog.

not an iBook but you can get a new pc that runs properly.... (youll be fucked up trying to get software and asistance for the Mac OS....).... better you get an athlon xp o pentium 4 computer, with at least 256 mb of ram memory (512 recommended..)....

i didnt understood you well, "i done that and im having a mess" meants that you did what i tell ya and it got worse :S????

donkho said:
not an iBook but you can get a new pc that runs properly.... (youll be fucked up trying to get software and asistance for the Mac OS....)

thats cos you live in a land of dodge :tickled:

zupi_clone said:
buy an ibook yes, powerbook if you can afford it, trust me

appleadsimple.jpg

I'd really like a laptop that I can watch dvd's on on the train. :(

Edit: Sorry, the English speakers call it a notebook, hehe.

if you really want to play with some graphics-stuff, be sure to get loads of memory (at least 1024 Mb) if you want to work comfortably. you know, graphic files are huge...

seriously if you are into graphics the mac is the only way to go. the g4 / g5 processor is MUCH better at handling large vector based data ( ie a movie frame can be represented in a matrix ) than the x86 pentium or althlon. it makes the mac able to process more data per clock cycle. Mac is the only way to go for video editing :) buy the ibook. just make sure to load up on the RAM..
As for problems getting software for the mac..that's just a myth. there are a lot of video editing suites available for macs :) just cant recall them off hand ( i worked as support technician during the summer for a few ppl who did video editing..they all used macs btw )
hope that settles your mind..a 233mhz laptop is too slow to do any serious video editing.