Graspop 2010

Slayer, Bloodbath, Obituary,Amon Amarth, Immortal, Cannibal Corpse, Behemoth, Deicide, Sepultura, Nile, The Faceless, Fear Factory on the bill and people are saying shitty lineup???? Holy shit you euros are spoiled as fuck... I would kill to see that lineup.

Aerosmith-Kiss-Home.jpg

Already got my ticket, who else is going?

still feels pretty weird to see Alestorm grew that huge, to do such festivals

We even got like Carcass when Mastodon cancelled. Fecking great.

got back yesterday with burnt feet :)

For people interested, I saw
Friday:
Oceans of Sadness- Belgian band that's quite underrated, with a very energetic frontman, kinda nostalgic as it was the first band I saw perform on a festival ever
Ghost Brigade- great surprise, kinda bores quickly though
Revamp- I liked the music from After Forever more tbh, it's not that memorable
Devin Townsend- I don't even do that to my snot when I'm certain no one's looking... not really my cup of tea music-wise either, too experimental and bleep-ish
Therion- Nice female vocals, the male was a bit annoying and it was all covered in some kind of musical-esque sauce, depressingly happy at times :/
Nile- not my idea, but there was nothing at the time :p
My Dying Bride- they played a very experimental set for Graspop's 15th b-day, lots of old (VERY) old songs. i don't know the band toooo well, but I liked this set more than 2 years ago

Saturday:
Sylosis- nice opener, but I'm not so much into this genre
Dark Funeral- meh
Carcass- I liked the vocals, but I seemed to be the only one :/
Obituary- if you like them... :p
2 songs from Slash- I saw him do GnR's songs... wtf... turns out the singer was Myles Kennedy, if had known this, I would've stayed for a while -_- <3 Myles
Paradise Lost- I fell in love :D :D :D absolutely fabulous, too bad I was too late for a band-T and I'll have to fabricate my own
few songs from Channel Zero- this is a Belgian band that split up like 15(??) years ago, they could've stayed dead for me, I don't really care
Immortal - magnificent light show! I couldn't see very much of the band members, but aye, 't was great
couldn't get in at Eluveitie :(

Sunday:
Necrophobic- worth the discovery for sure, very melodic, which I hadn't expected
Evergrey- the first song (Blinded) was barely recognisable, even for me... it worked out after the second song, the set was way too short though, and I would've preferred to hear 'Nosferatu' or 'Solitude Within' over some of the other songs :(
Katatonia- a bit boring, I'm not really a fan of them, they played only new songs
The Faceless- the last day I felt the need to wear sandals, and 2 fat men stepped on my feet :(
Behemoth- great performance, as ever :)
a song from Killswitch Engage- ears say... "do not want" :(
Bloodbath- awful sound, awesome frontman with a great sense of humour, didn't know it was only their 6th performance up until now until they said so
Amon Amarth- I heard them from just outside the marquee, I don't really know their stuff, it all sounds kind of alike
Kiss- well, at least the sound didn't give up on them, it seemed to be a better show than 2 years back, then I left after 3 songs, 25 solos and 3 sound breaks, good musac, almost saw someone puke :/

all in all, quite good, but waaaaaaaay too hot and expensive :(

also, I think someone showed me his genitals, but I'm not sure :lol: