GRAVE DIGGER...r they booked.? RUNNING WILD should b...

Adz

New Metal Member
Jan 19, 2003
Milton Keynes
Visit site
If GRAVE DIGGER are there, so am I... + a few long time GD followers too....

RUNNING WILD... We need some great piracy here...

Vince & Co. maybe set your sights higher for 2004... Organise a festival at Milton Keynes Bowl.... otherwise it will probably be bull-dozzed, and crappy £££overpriced shoe box houses will be built onto the land...

I'm sure maybe 30'000 tickets could be sold if 2-3 big names were booked. like... SLAYER/JUDAS PRIEST with HALFORD/and ICED EARTH.... yes they deserve to be a big name in metal...as record sales are slowly creeping up&up. Their live power & sound are worthy of the big stage....

fuck the masses - I say look after your own!

At the moment if there was a huge outdoor fest in the UK we'd end up getting shite like year's ozfest (with the exception of Slayer & Black Label Society) otherwise I don't think it would sell ...Yet. Maybe after a few more bloodstocks the metal fire will rekindle and it would be very nice to have a huge outdoor fest with a Reunited Priest with 'Metal God' Halford, Iced Earth, Gamma Ray, Savatage, Rhapsody, Dio, Saxon, Doro, Running Wild, etc.

I think Vince & Co have got the right idea starting at grass root level and building up from there.

I agree with you about the fact that Vince and Co have got it VERY right building this festival up from grass routes level, and also that if they booked Milton Keynes it would be fuckin' empty, unless they did get some major metal bands in. (Maiden/Metallica)

But as regards to Slayer attracting the wrong crowd...fuck off!
I'd put Slayer on the bill before everyone (except Blaze) on this years bill, as they are miles fuckin better than most of the cheesy crap on the bill so far. (IMHO)
Are you saying that if Vince and Co could get Slayer at the right price they should not bother as they would atrract the wrong crowd?!?! Come on, Slayer are one of the finest metal bands of the last 20 years, and I'm sure 90% of a Bloodstock crowd would love to see them at Bloodstock even if it did get a few baggy trouser wearers in.

:D

There's no doubt that Slayer are still one of the most popular thrash bands ever (I’m not a huge fan but I can appreciate why they’re popular). But would you enjoy seeing them if you were surrounded by hordes of stage diving teens?!

Last time I went to see Maiden (Brixton for Clive Burr that nicely coincided with their Rock In Rio release)I nearly fell asleep (their current setlist is shite). Recently I saw a Maiden Trib band who put on a far better show than Maiden did! Also I'm pissed off 'cause bands like Maiden & Metallica don't need the money and they're both trying to cash in on the Nu Metal Market by gigging with the likes of Limp Biscuit and that transvestite freak Marion Manson.

Personally I would enjoy Slayer surrounded by hordes of diving teens, it's what a Slayer gig should be all about....Mayhem!!

I do agree with you about the last lot of Maiden shows though. Should have been called the Brave new Boredom tour. I wonder just how many 7 min plus songs we are going to be tortured with on the next tour! Play some short fast ones again to break it up, and throw in the odd different song on different dates for fucks sake!

I can also see your point about the nu metal support bands stuff. I actually like Manson and Limp Bisciut so I would be happy to see them supporting, but I do think they should look at having a up and coming METAL band supporting them, after all they need the exposure that a Maiden tour would give them.

Yeah... Maidens set list has become really terrible, not MAIDEN playing, cos their playing and ability is outstanding. But choice of songs is weak...

Where's Anything from KILLERS album, + songs like: PHANTOM OF THE OPERA/TRANSYLVANIA/CAUGHT SOMEWHERE IN TIME/INFINITE DREAMS.... (I hope their not all playing fenders on the next album) bring back Adrians Jackson.

MAKE IT MUCH HEAVIER SOUNDING... TOO, (They play heavy but their recent sound is not heavy, It's just makes Rock i'd say)...

HI there Eagle! Glad to see the boards are back up again! I think that bands such as Slayer would be better off at festivals like the Oz fest! Bloodstock is great for having European + UK metal bands that aren’t so well known or haven’t played before. I think Vince and the team have it pretty spot on and the fact that they don’t want any corporate crap affecting the festival is a good thing ~ some bands have been asking too much money already!

~ Paul ~