Graveland

None_So_Vile

Malign Paradigm
Jan 8, 2003
Middlesbrough
www.myspace.com
Just wondering what their best release(s) is/are?

Ive recently managed to get hold of "Memory & Destiny" on ebay. Also "Carpathian Wolves" is on my tracking list. They're the only ones i could find on there. There was one or two LP's but although i have decks, i prefer to have a CD as i can do more with it

Also on my tracking list are...

Death Angel - Ultra Violence
Megiddo - Final War
Dew Scented - Ill-Natured
Anaal Nathrakh - The Codex Necro
Katatonia - Jhva Elohim Meth
Katatonia - Sounds of Decay
Hate Eternal - Conquering The Throne
Solefald - Pills Against Of Ageless Ills
Nokturnal Mortum - Goat Horns
Mordaehoth - Bloedwraak
Xasthur -Nocturnal Poisoning
At The Gates - Gardens of Grief
Ulver - Kveldssanger
Nokturnal Mortum - Nechrist
Nargaroth - Black Metal Ist Krieg
Miasma - Changes

Any other recommendations that I could find on ebay are welcome

Thanks for any help given :)

Yeah i was thinking that the ones ive found cant be that good because they're not often talked about but sadly they were the only ones i could find, ive struggled to find graveland releases anywhere else =\

Ah cool, the person on ebay evidently spelt it wrong

Ta for the help

Pick up Thousand Swords as soon as you can, you can't get more Pagan than that release. The Nokturnal Mortum (both), Mordaehoth, ATG and Miasma are all good ones to get. The Final War is probably Megiddo's worst full-length.

None_So_Vile said:
ive struggled to find graveland releases anywhere else =\

http://www.no-colours-records.de

They have everything by Graveland. Including t-shirts too. This is the record label Graveland are on. :Smug:
They also have all Nargaroth too, unsurprisingly.
Perhaps unfortunate for you they are based in Germany. You need to click on the Store link, then search for No Colours Releases. For some reason Graveland is not listed under all.

My fav. from Graveland is perhaps Glare of burning churches. Thousand Swords and Celtic Winter are comparable.

If you ask me, Graveland peaked with Following the Voice of Blood. Immortal Pride and Thousand Swords are also very good. A lot of people didn't like Creed of Iron, but I think it is an excellent release and is Graveland at their most accessible. Memory and Destiny is probably the weakest album of their epic/folk era. The Fire of Awakening is very good as well, as is the EP Raise Your Sword. Blood of Heroes is just OK.

I never was a huge fan of early Graveland, but The Celtic Winter is fantastic. All others from this era aren't played much.

You can find tons of Graveland albums from www.evilmusic.com for $15 p/p

If you're going to get Megiddo, get The Devil and the Whore.

I buyed The Celtic Winter some time ago and i can't understand, what everyone likes about it. I really love Black metal, so i am not someone who just hatres it because he does not understand BM ;)
I just think it has no atmosphere, nothing interresting about it... nothing, just boringness.

But i decided to give the band a second chance and get the album Thousand Swords in the future...

Only Graveland stuff I ever heard was from Following The Voice Of Blood and it sounded like the Dead Milkmen trying to play black metal. The guitar tone was so weak it was horrible. So, that's pretty much all I can add to this thread

Freanan said:
I buyed The Celtic Winter some time ago and i can't understand, what everyone likes about it. I really love Black metal, so i am not someone who just hatres it because he does not understand BM ;)
I just think it has no atmosphere, nothing interresting about it... nothing, just boringness.

I just saw your reply above mine when I posted it. The second part of this statement was exactly what I thought when I heard them. It's just so bland it's very hard to get into. Then again, I'm not really someone who forces myself to listen to a particular band or album over and over just to get into it and say I'm a fan of it.

You can't go wrong with any Graveland album, really. "Memory and Destiny" is one of my favorite Graveland releases, not sure why most consider it to be one of his weaker ones...

Out of the others I'd get:

Death Angel - Ultra Violence
Nokturnal Mortum - Goat Horns
Nokturnal Mortum - Nechrist
Miasma - Changes

I hear that the At the Gates album is good too, haven't heard the rest

Guardian of Darkness said:
Pick up Thousand Swords as soon as you can, you can't get more Pagan than that release. The Nokturnal Mortum (both), Mordaehoth, ATG and Miasma are all good ones to get. The Final War is probably Megiddo's worst full-length.

follow that advice.