Graveland

I only have Thousand Swords and Celtic Winter (finally managed to download Immortal Pride last night... damn you dial up!) and of the two I think Celtic Winter is a little more dynamic and interesting but both are very good. I really like the sound of Immortal Pride at first listen.

The local store has no Graveland at all (which is odd cuz they have a good black metal section considering I live in a small hick town trying to pass itself off as hippie town). Anyways I'll probably pick some of his stuff next time I'm San Francisco...

I have celtic winter and thousand swords. But i'm having trouble tracking down graveland in my area and when i try to download others the user signs off or bans me =| both albums are brilliant though.

The Celtic Winter is cool but there's still heavy Burzum influence. Thousand Swords is a different class to virtually everything in black metal. Excellent Pagan ideas, excellently executed. The way it invokes mood and imagery is second to none.

Thousand Swords is their best album by far and I don't see why lots rag on Memory and Destiny. It's pretty good too.

Guardian of Darkness said:
The Celtic Winter is cool but there's still heavy Burzum influence. Thousand Swords is a different class to virtually everything in black metal. Excellent Pagan ideas, excellently executed. The way it invokes mood and imagery is second to none.

yep Thousand Swords i don't recall hearing anything like it. That's one reason i enjoy the album so much.