Great news on the transplant front!

Is that something you're still applicable for, Steve?

No, not at this point for me, but I'll be fine! I am now 1 year and a little over 1 month post transplant, and doing just fine! In fact, they're dropping my medications every time I go in, so it's becoming much less of an intake, and obvious cancer risk as well.

This is for anyone who receives a transplant in the future. If mine fails, and I really hope it doesn't, then this may become the normal procedure for any future transplant donations, marrow and organ donation simultaneously.

Thanks for asking though!:headbang:

That's fucking cool... better living through chemistry, indeed.

Are you able to eat all the good stuff yet? I've heard that was a bit of a problem...

Jeff

That's fucking cool... better living through chemistry, indeed.

Are you able to eat all the good stuff yet? I've heard that was a bit of a problem...

Jeff
:lol: Depends on what you call "good stuff"! I like a lot of different food, junk food I unfortunately (like most out there leading busy lives) got waaay too much into before I knew about my condition, so that's basically gone ( they can't take away my light buttered microwave popcorn,"popcorn lung" be damned! Anybody hear about that crazy shit?). I focus mainly on foods that will provide me with what I need naturally(fruits,veggies,meats,fish,green tea,water for example), and have to keep sodium intake as low as possible (not always easy, and a work in progress), but there's ways to spice up foods without salt; salsas that are pepper based is and always has been, a big hit with me!:headbang: Cholula, and El Tapatio are great. Hey, you're in Texas, any other hot sauces I should know about? Or BBQ, for that matter? Anybody feel free to jump in on this one!

Yeah, same for the junk food before I learned how to cook well...

I'm actually stuck on the whole DIY thing with sauces so I'll pull some recipes, but for 'liquid heat' Tabasco is a good one to try. I've actually wound up hanging around with enough chemists-turned-food-nerds to be able to get the 'heat' as a separate ingredient so I can make hot sauces with *real* flavor, not just 'let's just mash hot shit together and grimace'... gotta find those bookmarks.

Jeff

Yeah, same for the junk food before I learned how to cook well...

I'm actually stuck on the whole DIY thing with sauces so I'll pull some recipes, but for 'liquid heat' Tabasco is a good one to try. I've actually wound up hanging around with enough chemists-turned-food-nerds to be able to get the 'heat' as a separate ingredient so I can make hot sauces with *real* flavor, not just 'let's just mash hot shit together and grimace'... gotta find those bookmarks.

Jeff

Very cool about the DIY sauces! I'll look out for your recipes, when you get a chance! I'm not a fan of Tabasco though, try as I have over the years to get into it.... Cholula Hot Sauce on an omelette I dig though!:headbang::headbang::headbang:

Tabasco has to be added to another sauce that doesn't have heat of its own, really...

Also, the /. comments always wind up being somewhat amusing... I liked the one about Microsoft suing for DRM violation of the shared immune system...

... fuck, I'm a nerd. Oh well, I'll find those sauces.

Jeff