TVF

Oh man... you put me on the spot! haha I did see that article in this past weekend's Courier Journal. At first read, it sounds stereotypical...fat Kentuckians eating fried chicken and pork chops, but how do you argue with facts? I will admit to being somewhat of a fatass myself...I weigh about 220lbs at 6feet tall..but I used to weigh 246 at my heaviest. weight is something I've always struggled with, though. I just love to eat...Smoking, drinking, and tobacco use of all sorts are common here, though. I would say that only recently do you see more NON smokers in public than smokers! For a while it was the minority that DID NOT smoke. Myself included...I smoked from 12 to about 23 years old...then I quit and got on Skoal...on and off....but haven't smoked in a looooooooooooong time...but still, not healthy. As far as them comparing us the illness rates and similarities to a third world country...OUCH. But again, if the facts hold up. The whole thing makes me want to go to the gym.

On the other hand...I still say Kentucky is a great state. We like our food and enjoy a drink and smoke, we are not considered, "yankees" by most, and we have a general level of hospitality among us that is unmatched in most parts of the modern day world. We still prefer saying hello to our neighbors and helping friends and getting right with the Man. We may not be the healthiest buncha sons o bitches but dammit we know how to put first things first and work hard, play hard, and have an all out good time. What that article doesn't account for is mental health. And I think the level of HAPPINESS is in Kentucky is probably one of the highest in the nation.

So pass me some Wild Turkey, make my chicken FRIED, and I'll see you at Churchill Downs! Hell, maybe I'll even wash it all down with a porkchop or two!

American by birth,
Kentuckian by the Grace of God.

My bad. I guess I think it's sad but true. I think that most of it comes from extreme eastern and western parts of KY where poverty is a problem...the middle parts of the state...Lexington, Louisville, probably don't see as much of it. Though us fatties are everywhere!

tedvanfrehley said:
Oh man... you put me on the spot! haha I did see that article in this past weekend's Courier Journal. At first read, it sounds stereotypical...fat Kentuckians eating fried chicken and pork chops, but how do you argue with facts? I will admit to being somewhat of a fatass myself...I weigh about 220lbs at 6feet tall..but I used to weigh 246 at my heaviest. weight is something I've always struggled with, though. I just love to eat...Smoking, drinking, and tobacco use of all sorts are common here, though. I would say that only recently do you see more NON smokers in public than smokers! For a while it was the minority that DID NOT smoke. Myself included...I smoked from 12 to about 23 years old...then I quit and got on Skoal...on and off....but haven't smoked in a looooooooooooong time...but still, not healthy. As far as them comparing us the illness rates and similarities to a third world country...OUCH. But again, if the facts hold up. The whole thing makes me want to go to the gym.

On the other hand...I still say Kentucky is a great state. We like our food and enjoy a drink and smoke, we are not considered, "yankees" by most, and we have a general level of hospitality among us that is unmatched in most parts of the modern day world. We still prefer saying hello to our neighbors and helping friends and getting right with the Man. We may not be the healthiest buncha sons o bitches but dammit we know how to put first things first and work hard, play hard, and have an all out good time. What that article doesn't account for is mental health. And I think the level of HAPPINESS is in Kentucky is probably one of the highest in the nation.

So pass me some Wild Turkey, make my chicken FRIED, and I'll see you at Churchill Downs! Hell, maybe I'll even wash it all down with a porkchop or two!

American by birth,
Kentuckian by the Grace of God.

American by Birth
Vermonter by Fate

I know to Kentuckians You and Dee and you both are Outstanding and Friendly ppl and by that estimate alone I say Kentuckians are Great ppl ... and Prolly a hell of alot nicer than most Yanks! trust me I know I am 1! and in the short time I spent in the south I 2 or 3 days I met some of the nicest most Graicous Friendlyest ppl on Earth probably ... Yeah you guys might have problems down that way be we got em here too ... Ummm yaknow I totally forgot where I was going with that.. hahaha whatever Ted and Dee your good Damn People!!!

JonnyD said:
American by Birth Vermonter by Fate

Jonny, you live in Vermont??

That's the most friendly state to the 2nd Amendment in the whole U.S.A.!!
If it can be sold...it can be bought in Vermont whether it's a BMG 50
or a fucking RPG, A drivers license will get it....I crazy fucking jealous dude!!

I live in Lawrence (MA) and even though I'm a licensed firearm owner this fucked up state will only sell S&W or any other maker that puts the internal locking device on their firearms.. (And they all suck!!)

***Sorry for the rant....I just thought I'd throw a little respect to your excellent state***

T_man357 said:
Jonny, you live in Vermont??

That's the most friendly state to the 2nd Amendment in the whole U.S.A.!!
If it can be sold...it can be bought in Vermont whether it's a BMG 50
or a fucking RPG, A drivers license will get it....I crazy fucking jealous dude!!

I live in Lawrence (MA) and even though I'm a licensed firearm owner this fucked up state will only sell S&W or any other maker that puts the internal locking device on their firearms.. (And they all suck!!)

***Sorry for the rant....I just thought I'd throw a little respect to your excellent state***

Yep I live in Northfield which is about 10 miles south of Montpilier!! and well Having an arsenal is a pre-requiset to living in Vt hahahaha No worries for the Rant! Thanks!!!!