Great news!!

At Fry's Food & Drug store (which is where i work), there's this place called Tully's Coffee that is in competition with Starbucks across the street in a Basche's store. slightly cheaper than starfucks, pretty good too.

Tully's also makes their home in Seattle. They're in the old Rainier Beer building. Oddly enough, my band was looking at renting one of the many rehearsal rooms located ina section of that enormous structure. You can see that building from pretty much everywhere south of Downtown. It's like fuckin' Helm's Deep or some shit haha.

Tullys_2004.jpg

Meh, I like iced coffee, and I get it at this local place that used to be a photo kiosk.

Something amazing happened last year.

Starbucks was courting a local Toyota dealer's lot right by my house for a potential new store, something Starbucks, with it's scaly tentacles tends to do. However, the Inner Richmond is home to one of the great independent coffee shops of the world (as far as I'm concerned) in The Blue Danube Coffee House, and to open another Starbucks right across the street from it when there already is a Starbucks a scant five blocks away was ludicrous.

This angered us San Franciscans--and you don't want to piss off hippie liberals with time on their hands. We did what any self respecting elitist coffee snobs would do: we petitioned the city council! And you know what?

Starbucks retreated.

Go back to Seattle with all the OTHER liberal hippies! Nyah!

l

Awww :( This was one of my many starbucks before I moved. Collington Plaza, Bowie. :cry: Seriously, that was my neighborhood.

Well there was also the one at the free state mall plaza. The one in the book store at the Bowie town center, and the one across the street from my old work at the Bowie town center.

The local news just said that 29 of our local Starbucks are closing. That only leaves about a thousand too many, still.