Old as Yoda
Jan 11, 2005
Texas
Artist: Mindflow
Album: With Bare Hands
Label: Nightmare Records
Reviewer: Mark Lewis
Date: Mar 3, 2011

When you think of Brazil and Metal, it is very easy to automatically think Sepultura and anything that comes from Brazil must sound like that. Not so, let me shatter and dismiss that myth right now. Mindflow is a band that will set that record straight for all time. Not to knock Sepultura, for they are a truly great Metal band, but not everything from Brazil sounds like that. Mindflow is a band that you would classify as Hard Rock/Heavy Metal and Prog Power, Progressive Metal, and Technical Metal. They are amazing and very easy to fall in love with.

They have just released a new album, entitled ‘With Bare Hands’. The album is 14 tracks in length and just absolutely amazing. A cross of sounds that permeate through the entire album and lovingly wraps around you like a lover’s sweet embrace. From lighter melodies to haunting lyrics to a straight up aural assault that at the same time, doesn’t come off so heavy as to turn off the listener. It is all here, absolutely everything one could ever want and ask for in a truly great Rock album. Mindflow is like a hidden treasure that you stumble across by accident, but once you find it, you never, ever will let it go.

I, as many who are going to listen to this album, and as many who already have, have become an instant fan. Aside from my personal opinion as to how great they are, the song writing and musicianship is just amazing. As for the new album, ‘With Bare Hands’ could definitely be album of the year! The band is one group of absolutely amazing musicians who are set to conquer America and the world. In short order, they will too, no problem. The days of amazing Rock music came back to us starting in 2008 and Mindflow are one more example of just how amazing the newer bands are, and they stand testament to the fact the new “School Of Rock” is here to stay for as long as they would like to. Let’s just hope it is for a very long time!!!