Great Thrash...

skeptik

Feb 7, 2003
Everyone, I need recommendations for Great Trash Bands that are not Metallica, Megadeth, Anthrax, Slayer, Sodom, Kreator, Destruction, Dark Angel, Death Angel, etc. I need some heavy shit to deal with this accident I was just in and then to deal with my parents when they get home.

Dodens Grav said:
Everyone, I need recommendations for Great Trash Bands that are not Metallica, Megadeth, Anthrax, Slayer, Sodom, Kreator, Destruction, Dark Angel, Death Angel, etc. I need some heavy shit to deal with this accident I was just in and then to deal with my parents when they get home.

I suggest you try Overkill, Demolition Hammer, Possessed, Nucklear assault, Sadus...

Heathen released one half decent album.

I can highly recommend Forced Entry- As Above So below.

A Canadian band called Dyoxen released one Coronerish style album, but definitely thrash. Good luck tracking it down though.

Anacrusis-Thrash with a bit of a twist. First two are thrashier but if you get hooked they are all great.

Exhordher-Borderline Thrash/death/pantera influenced but great stuff.

Cyclone Temple

Wrathchild America

Oh those heady days of thrash heaven...sheds a tear and massages his sore neck.

@ narcisco

hey, fuckin´ great to see someone remember Cyclone Temple ... their "I hate therefore I am" album is fuckin´ awesome and I still listen to it ;-)

Heathen, Evil Dead (our drummer played with them back in the 80's---he's old! hehehe), Anacrusis, Overkill, the first few Savatage albums were like traditional metal with a touch of thrash and hair, Infernal majesty, Dekapitator (Exhumed side-project)......errrrmmm...that's all I can think of ATM....

Sorry to hear about your troubles, hope you work everything out bro.

Try:

Forced Entry's first album: Uncertain Future!!! Its got Chuck Billy vocals, with heavy, crushing guitars!! KILLER thrash metal album!
Here's a couple more:
Onslaught - The Force
Defiance - Void Terra Firma

Malicious Intent said:
Hypnosia, Exumer, Alastor, Blistered Earth, Kings Evil, Morbid Saint, Agent Steel

Check out these bands:Terror 2000,Witchery,and Exciter.Their newer stuff is better.Get Dark Command and Blood of Tyrants.Their singer sounds like Rob Halford.

Being 'Old School,' I'd say give Coroner a listen. One of my FAVES. Excellent shred guitar!!!

Fuck yes!! CORONER ruled!!! Also one of the absolute best bands to see live! They were so fucking amazingly tight it was SICK!!

I like Forced Entry, too. Would like to see them live!

Fuck yeah!! The first album (UNCERTAIN FUTURE) is a thrash metal essential! Tony sings ala Chuck Billy!!! Its killer!
I only got to see them once back in the day, but it was BRUTAL!!!

AgentsofBrutality said:
Check out these bands:Terror 2000,Witchery,and Exciter.Their newer stuff is better.Get Dark Command and Blood of Tyrants.Their singer sounds like Rob Halford.

yes i know all of those bands you've listed, and my favorite out of all of them is Exciter. great canadian speed metal. Violence and Force \m/

i would also like to add to the thrash list Slaughter (the canadian thrash metal band), Sacrifice (Can.), Sabbat, Re-Animator, Opprobrium, Bestial Mockery, Massacra