Thrash metal recommendations

Quite a lot of bands have already been mentioned, yet there are still some bands and albums I´d like to add:

Détente - "Recognize No Authority" (www.fear-of-god.com)
Fear Of God - "Within The Veil" (not a "classical" thrash metal album, but check out the mp3 of "Drift" on www.fear-of-god.com), "Toxic Voodoo" ("thrashier" than "Within The Veil" with a slight death metal touch as far as the music is concerned, but personally, I definitely prefer "Within The Veil" whose atmosphere and vocals are far more intense)

Znowhite - "Act Of God"

Agent Steel - "Skeptics Apocalypse"

Voivod - "Killing Technology" (IMO the best release of their thrash metal phase, but you might also check out "War And Pain" - it was recently re-released in a 3 CD-box -, "Rrröööaaarrr" and "Negatron")

Mekong Delta - "Mekong Delta", "The Music Of Erich Zann", "The Principle Of Doubt" and "Dances Of Death"

Hexenhaus - "A Tribute To Insanity" (still their best IMO), "The Edge Of Eternity", "Deja-Voodoo" (the last two are more technical, I´d say they tend to go a little bit in the direction of some Mekong Delta-stuff)

Toxik - "Think This"

Anacrusis - "Suffering Hour", "Reason" (not pure thrash metal, but they definitely had a style of their own; you can download all their albums - but the last two, "Manic Impressions" and "Screams And Whispers", have nothing to do with thrash metal - from their official website: http://apogee.whack.org/~ken/ )

As you already mentioned Watchtower, you should also try
Sieges Even - "Life Cycle" and "Sophisticated" (for more info go to www.siegeseven.com), their albums "Steps" and "A Sense Of Change" are also excellent, but have nothing to do with thrash metal, so I guess they are not what you´re looking for

As for Forbidden, also try to get hold of their live-EP "Raw Evil - Live At The Dynamo" - it features three songs from their debut album - "Chalice Of Blood" and their masterpieces "Through Eyes Of Glass" and "Forbidden Evil" - yet in a much rawer version (perhaps hence the title "Raw Evil"?) and a live cover version of "Victim Of Changes".

The final recommendation might be a bit off-topic, because though some songs of this band (at least on their last two albums) also have thrash-metal influences, it is definitely not a typcial thrash metal band. I´m talking about Atrox. Among the mp3´s on their official website (www.atrox-web.com), the song "Flesh-city" is probably the one with the most thrash-metal influences - music-wise (the vocals, which most people tend to dislike, are something very different). Well, I think thrash metal purists won´t like this song. But listen and decide for yourself!

Forbidden Evil is indeed inconsistent as hell...half total awesomeness, the other half utter crap. It's like the whole band got infected by Russ Anderson Syndrome, where he'll hit some amazing not like "Chalice of Blood" and then the next thing he does is some horibbly cheesy, stupid melody like the chorus to "Off the Edge.

Twisted Into Form, while lacking anything the caliber of the title track of the previous, has a couple really great songs ("Infinite" and "Twisted Into Form") and a solid lump of good fucking thrash metal. Only "R.I.P." comes close to being a loser, and that album totally deserves space on the list if you're gonna put Necronomicon there. ;)

D.R.I.
Sacred Reich
Devastation
Atrophy
Nasty Savage
Ludichrist
ScatterBrain
Crumbsuckers
Forced Entry
Defiance
Hades
Motorhead

Can't think of other bands off the top of my head because Doden mentioned alot of the bands I'm into from that era lol .. :headbang: