Improve my thrash collection

High On Maiden said:
Thrash has been the genre I have been focusing on recently, mainly buying stuff I see recommended, as it's a genre which requires a lot of catching up when you want to buy stuff and not download.

DRI
COC
Cryptic Slaughter
MDC
dead horse

Alastor
Aura Noir
Blood Feast
Buried God
Chakal
CYCLONE
Delirium Tremens
Hades
Hypnosia
Incinerator
Infernal Majesty
Iron Angel
King's-Evil
Mandator
MESSIAH
Mutilator
Necrodeath
Nocturnal
Nocturnal Breed
Ritual Carnage
Sauron
Sithlord
Slaughter
TOXIC HOLOCAUST
Viking

could someone post a list just of 'blackened thrash', as I really like some of this.

I understand a lot of those Australian black/thrash bands are meant to be good (e.g. Destroyer 666 if I remember), and I reckon I'd really like some of these. I love Absu's Tara for example, and then also Torture Squad's pandemonium for a more deathy take on things.

some comments here would be great.

High On Maiden said:
could someone post a list just of 'blackened thrash', as I really like some of this.

Not all blackened thrash but if you like blackened thrash then you will like them

Fastkill
Grenade
Toxic Holocaust
Nocturnal
Gehennah
Sodom
Destroyer 666
Dark Angel
Oblivion
Lethal (fotmbm's + Erikz0rz band)
Possesed
Sabbat
Slaughter (CAN)
Vectom
Wehermacht
Vader (death metal but thrashy)

uhhh...theres a couple

High On Maiden said:

I understand a lot of those Australian black/thrash bands are meant to be good (e.g. Destroyer 666 if I remember), and I reckon I'd really like some of these.

Pretty much all the Aussie bands I listed earlier, minus Hobbs which is pure old-school, and add Toxic Holocaust.

Or just go through Tully's list.

anonymousnick2001 said:
Tearstained

I know Doden loves this band. Either one of you care to recommend an album?

Destroyer 666 rules - don't just stop at Unchain the Wolves like I did originally. Phoenix Rising is also wicked. Terror Abraxas isn't bad. I've only heard it once, but I think you overrated it @ HM nick.

Go off Decadent's first list for kick arse aussie stuff.

misfit said:
Terror Abraxas isn't bad. I've only heard it once, but I think you overrated it @ HM nick.

Neg. Trialed by Fire, A Breed Apart and Terror are some of the best D666 tracks ever. Top 10 our of their material at least, and from a 5 track MCD, that's a solid effort.

misfit said:
I know Doden loves this band. Either one of you care to recommend an album?

I masturbate to this band (not really). Final Thoughts, his most recent, is best. Monumental In Its Sorrow and There Is No Hope are fairly equal, the latter possibly slightly better. As stated earlier, however, Tearstained is not Thrash. At all. It's basically Bathory + Mercyful Fate (most notably the falsetto-of-doom-awesomeness that fills nearly every song) + a bit of originality. Shitty, self-loathing lyrics, but who the fuck cares? Bathory and Mercyful Fate are two of the best bands of all time.

anonymousnick2001 said:
You'd argue that Bathory weren't even a little thrash?

On a good deal of 'Blood Fire Death' and some of the later albums, yeah, but you don't hear much of that influence in Tearstained.