Thrash metal - anyone?

And yet you doublepost.

Their early shit is ok but later on it's just "I am a tuff guy look at me" music.
All I can say, is that they're way better than dragonforce.

The whole cheese factor of their music bothers me to no end. I actually really enjoy 'Follow The Reaper' and 'Hate Crew Deathroll', but they've really taken a turn for the worst in recent years.

The fact that Alexi makes out with his 13-year-old girl audience doesn't help either...

In your opinion what would you guys consider bodom?

Hard to regard them

Some people would regard them as power metal, but power metal with harsh vocals does not exist actually; since power metal bands have clean vocals, not harsh vocals. There's not an thing such as death metal with clean vocals either. They're not melodic death metal cause they lack ''death'' metal.

So no idea actually.

On the topic of Bodom, can we agree that if anything, they can be dubbed "Heavy fucking metal"? Or do we have to go into Progressive Death Metal?

My 2 cents.

You know why.

On the topic of Bodom, can we agree that if anything, they can be dubbed "Heavy fucking metal"? Or do we have to go into Progressive Death Metal?

My 2 cents.
Why the fuck would anyone ever label them progressive death metal? They're melodic extreme metal. They're not death metal at all. If you wanted to call it power/thrash with harsh vocals I wouldn't complain.

"Heavy fucking metal" puts them in the same category as Manowar and Manilla Road. I don't think so. And they hardly embody the pure spirit of metal.

Yesterday I bought

Exodus= Pleausures of THe FLesh
Foridden= Forbidden Evil
Sodom= Tappin The Vein and Masquerade in Blood
SLayer = Seasons in the Abyss

do I like thrash? YEs

Tbh I'd be happy to listen to Somewhere In Time, Awaken the Guardian, and Hammerheart on repeat for the rest of my life so yeah.
We'd be left with black metal, power metal, and all the trad stuff. Plus doom.
So I think I could survive on that.