Thrash metal - anyone?

i wouldent call early kreator deathrash. they heavily influenced the death metal scene just like slayer did with their work. Mille used slightly black metal style vokills but thats not enough to call them deathrash IMHO. if anything early kreator should be considered blackthrash

Ehm, well Ok. Death has token influences by thrash
*facepalm*

i wouldent call early kreator deathrash. they heavily influenced the death metal scene just like slayer did with their work. Mille used slightly black metal style vokills but thats not enough to call them deathrash IMHO. if anything early kreator should be considered blackthrash

early sodom is blackthrash. Kreator are just plain thrash. The music is pure thrash; his vocals are slightly black metal but that has no effect on the genre.

Kreator are just plain thrash. The music is pure thrash; his vocals are slightly black metal but that has no effect on the genre.

thats what im saying. i was trying to state that kreator had to be anything other than pure thrash they would be more blackthrash then deathrash. i know they are thrash

*facepalm*

early sodom is blackthrash. Kreator are just plain thrash. The music is pure thrash; his vocals are slightly black metal but that has no effect on the genre.

If early Sodom is blackthrash, then so are Kreator, (Endless pain, ONLY!). The vocals are pretty insane for it's time. I would call Pleasure to kill brutal thrash everything after it was thrash. (changing their style on the Renewall album.)

Only the Endless pain album is what i'd call thrash/death or black/thrash. Definitely one of the heaviest albums released back then. Some would still call Endless pain brutal thrash, just like Pleasure to kill.

There is no such thing as brutal thrash.
And @Swedish: No, actually, they'd be deathrash. They have scratchy vocals, but the guitars are...actually, the guitars are pure thrash you cocksuckers, but pure thrash is closer to death than black metal.

but pure thrash is closer to death than black metal.

Not always. Slayer's Reign in blood sounds kind of close to death metal, while for example bands like early Metallica, Testament dont.

Oh by the way; Brutal thrash isn't an existing term, same for blackendthrash and those kind of things. Most people use it as an cross between two genres. ''Brutal'' thrash metal are albums like Darkness Descends by Dark angel, Reign in blood by Slayer, Pleasure to kill by Kreator, ect.

CREATION OF INSANE RULE
ALL WE HEAR:
DESPERATE CRY!

Sepultura's Arise is so fucking good, it hurts.

What do you think of their more groove orientated work? Stuff like Chaos AD and Roots.

Chaos AD lacks riffs, thrash and fucking speed. Bad album. Roots is fucking awful. I can't believe that Sepultura, the band that started as a death metal band (Bestial Devastation ep and Morbid visions full lenght album.) ended up playing nu metal... a fucking shame, seriously.

I know that most of the Testament fans dislike Low, but I consider it a kickass thrash album. No replacing Skolnick, but Murphy did a kickass job IMO .

And I totally agree on the Sepultura. Although I like their older material, I stopped listening to them after Roots. They came here [India] last year, but I decided to fuck that.

Chaos AD lacks riffs, thrash and fucking speed. Bad album. Roots is fucking awful. I can't believe that Sepultura, the band that started as a death metal band (Bestial Devastation ep and Morbid visions full lenght album.) ended up playing nu metal... a fucking shame, seriously.

I think Chaos AD was fine as an experiment, but they should have just left as a single endeavour. I actually kind of like the lack of speed on that album, it gives me something a little different to listen to after I'm burnt out with classic Sepultura.

Roots was great in theory, but they didn't quite manage to pull the idea off very well. The main problem was that Max completely took over on that record, and the rest of the band quietly followed. I still think that 'Attitude' and 'Ratmahatta' are classic songs, and the only two songs on the album where they truly manage to fuse tribal music with metal. The rest of it is just Korn-wannabe shit.

Any thrash fans here should check out an old NY based band called Demolition Hammer. They are now broken up but they are a killer thrash band. Brutal ruffs, great solos, overall great and under appreciated old thrash.

Their second album is definitely good. Probably the most destructive thrash record i've ever heard!

I know that most of the Testament fans dislike Low, but I consider it a kickass thrash album. No replacing Skolnick, but Murphy did a kickass job IMO .

And I totally agree on the Sepultura. Although I like their older material, I stopped listening to them after Roots. They came here [India] last year, but I decided to fuck that.

I think that ''The Legacy'' is an solid album.

Oh by the way; Brutal thrash isn't an existing term, same for blackendthrash and those kind of things. Most people use it as an cross between two genres. ''Brutal'' thrash metal are albums like Darkness Descends by Dark angel, Reign in blood by Slayer, Pleasure to kill by Kreator, ect.
Blackened thrash and deathrash are existing terms.
Brutal thrash will never become an existing term because in order for thrash to get heavier it would have to do certain things from a music standpoint that would be hard to explain but would essentially make it death metal with shouted vocals. It has to do with the riff structure and stuff. If you want I'll explain it but it won't mean much unless you play guitar.

I think that ''The Legacy'' is an solid album.

I don't think anyone disagrees with that...
New Order and the Gathering are phenomenal.

Blackened thrash and deathrash are existing terms.
Brutal thrash will never become an existing term because in order for thrash to get heavier it would have to do certain things from a music standpoint that would be hard to explain but would essentially make it death metal with shouted vocals. It has to do with the riff structure and stuff. If you want I'll explain it but it won't mean much unless you play guitar.

I don't think anyone disagrees with that...
New Order and the Gathering are phenomenal.

Regarding stuff as thrash/black or thrash/death metal would be Okay. I don't see many people using terms such as ''blackened thrash'' or ''deathrash'' that often, though.

There are enough people, who like thrash but dislike Testament. Most haters dislike Testament because they never had enough ''good'' riffs, I believe. ''The Legacy'' is an solid album, it's not perfect and hasn't got the best riffs ever made or something, but it's definitely not a bad album.