Melodic death metal

metalkicksass

Oct 25, 2007
the netherlands
This thread might not belong here, but discuss here about melodic death metal, your favourite bands,ect!

Though i don't have any favourite melodic death metal bands, there are some great melodic death metal albums i enjoy, such as:

Frustrated message by Necrodead, one of the first melodic death metal albums, great melodic death metal with even some melodic black metal and doom metal influences, fucking awesome solo's can be found here!

Oracle moon by Garden of shadows, atmospheric melodic death metal, beautifull riffs, pretty brutal (for melodic death metal) vocals.

Lunar strain by In flames, we all know this album, and god, in my opinion this is one of the best debuts and melodic death metal albums ever created.

Favorites...
Dark Tranquility - The Gallery and Of Chaos And Eternal Night
The first couple from IF, obviously
ATG - With Fear, The Red, and Slaughter, all great
Opeth aren't far off, and I dig them a lot.
Paths Of Possession - Promises In Blood is great.
The Black Dahlia Murder - Unhallowed - fantastic ATG worship

Man, Slaughter of the Soul is an overrated piece of shit.

Terminal Spirit Disease and With Fear I Kiss The Burning Darkness are way better than it.

DISTURBED FOR THE MOTHER FUCKING WIN!!!!! :kickass:

I like Disturbed, it's a crime here but i am really looking forward to there release of the new album in june. I don't praise them like I do with In Flames, but i think they are alright

Are you joking me slipknot Iowa?
Yes.
You want to work on detecting sarcasm, or you'll be very confused.
Man, Slaughter of the Soul is an overrated piece of shit.

Terminal Spirit Disease and With Fear I Kiss The Burning Darkness are way better than it.
I don't get why everyone feels that way. It's weaker than Red in the sky, but definitely superior to TSD and probably on par with Burning Darkness
Slipknot fanboys, woohoo :p
I don't think anyone actually likes them here...
Yeah...Slipknot sucks

HAIL MUDVAYNE! :kickass: :kickass: :worship: :headbang:
facepalm2ic7copyrl2.jpg

Out of the frying pan, into the fire
DISTURBED FOR THE MOTHER FUCKING WIN!!!!! :kickass:
Disturbed get a pass from me because they at least actually succeed at being edgy. They aren't good, but they don't come off to me as really lame. Of course, I have no idea what's happened since The Sickness (nor do I care).