Best Year for Thrash

Best Year For Thrash Metal

• Total voters
I'm refering to the 1986 support vote but whatever. Overall I actually prefer ...And Justice For All for metallica albums

edit: for overall quality but my favorite song is master of puppets unfortunately not the entire album of mast of puppets.

Updated 1990 list

Annihilator - Never, Neverland
Anthrax - Persistence of Time
Artillery - By Inheritance
Demolition Hammer - Tortured Existence
Destruction - Cracked Brain
Forbidden - Twisted Into Form
Kreator - Coma of Souls
Megadeth - Rust In Peace
Slayer - Seasons of the Abyss
Sodom - Better Off Dead
Cyclone - Inferior to none
Overthrow - Within The Suffering
Mottek - Fatal Violence
Razor - Shotgun Justice
Hellwitch - Syzygial Miscreancy
Whiplash - Insult to Injury

:yow:
1990 takes the cake, however, 88, 89, and 91 aren't very far behind.

It shocks me when I hear people say that 86 was thrash's creative peak because most of the albums that I hear from that year sound so primitive. 86 was most certainly a good year, but it just cant compete with the improved ability, production, and lyrics that the later years brought

Oh c'mon 86 has so much fucking formatively-important and creatively interesting shit with tons of memorable songs and riffs, how the hell can 1990 even be considered better at all. I mean, yeah, I like techy thrash and slicker production too but...seriously...1986.

audiophileguy's progressive stance towards metal is exactly the opposite of my own; primitivity is what moves me on a visceral level, tech stuff tends to be far more cerebral, lifeless, empty. also bands who pack fuckloads of notes and complexity into their music ironically tend to end up more mechanical and automatic than the wild freedom and energy exuded by much of the so-called 'primitive' stuff. obviously there are a number of exceptions, but not nearly enough in this case to make 1990 a close rival to the mid-80s. the period around 1990 also involved lots of bands writing watered down interpretations of previous work, and many other unambitious bands working within now solidly defined genre boundaries (which did not exist in the mid-80s).